1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Monitor Losing Signal

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Greeny, 10 Apr 2009.

1. Greeny

Greeny What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

I've recently bought a new monitor (24" HP LP2475w) and everything worked fine until recently when I thought I'd fire up HL2 Deathmatch for a bit of light gaming. It seems every other time I load this up the monitor loses signal and displays a message stating that its going to sleep. When I try to scan for active display inputs they all say that theres no signal.

I've only got an Nvidia 7900gs running it but I thought that should be able to cope with 1900x1200, no?

Has anyone got any idea whats going on?

Let me know if you need anymore details.

Thanks

2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Its probably the resolution and/or the refresh rate of the monitor, try forcing them in the game options. In Steam, right click on the game -> properties -> advanced options "-width 1900 -height 1280 -refresh 60". Change conforming to your screen.

3. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

First and foremost, how do you connect your graphics card to your monitor? On the graphics card side analog VGA and digital DVI should be your options. On the monitor side the same options and also HDMI and DisplayPort (as well as some video inputs) if I recall correctly.

I have to applaud your choice in monitor, by the way. :)

4. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

Fixed.

5. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

It was probably the refresh rate. Put a [FIXED] tag on the subject. It makes it easier to search for and to answer on.

6. Greeny

Greeny What's a Dremel?

Thanks everyone, it seems it was the resolution/refresh rate. Thanks for the tips, all working fine now.