1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Monitor mount

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by b1g-d0g, 21 Jun 2018.

1. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Hi I've just bought a acer 34p monitor the thing is huge but the main problem is the stand takes up a fair bit of space on my desk.
    What would be the best way to mount a monitor are on the desk or the wall and any idea on a cheap make,I've found a wall mount on eBay for £20.
    Thanks.

2. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Would you trust £20 to hold up your £1000 monitor?
    All kidding aside, a direct-to-wall mount with proper in-wall fixing will be the cheapest way to get a solid safe mount, albeit one with frustratingly little flexibility for changes in seating position. Acer list it as weighting 9.8kg, which is well over what most common VESA arms are rated for. If you want to go the moveable-arm route, I'd recommend something rigid like a CBS Wishbone over even a heavy-duty spring/gas operated arm like something from Ergotron. Neither are really cheap, but there aren't any cheap options that I'd trust to actually hold up as large heavy monitor without doing their best floppy noodle impression.