1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Mozilla launches Context Graph discovery engine

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 7 Jul 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

"We've found the Undo button is typically only used when someone has typed something by mistake. So we've replaced the Undo button with our new Context Undo, which will intelligently try and type something new based on what other people have typed in similar situations, rather than what you just typed a few seconds ago and wanted to get back".

3. jb0

jb0 Minimodder

Whoo, AwfulBar 2.0! Let's see how badly they mess this up. Then double down and insist that it is what users want and no one really wants the old functionality back, then quietly change it behind the scenes to restore some semblance of proper behavior

Same poop, new day. And it still stinks.

4. Assassin8or

Assassin8or Minimodder

It's not just me that thinks that a bunch of belligerent retarded apes are running the show over at Mozilla then :-D

5. jb0

jb0 Minimodder

Heavens no.
    I'm somewhat unique in that I've hated Firefox from before it was called Firefox, and resent that it killed Mozilla(the Mozilla Application Suite, as it was later renamed). I remember Moz/b, Phoenix, and Firebird. From the start it was obvious that I didn't care for their direction.

While my opinions on a lot of things have changed over the years, every successive exposure to Moz/b/Phoenix/Firebird/Firefox has left me baffled as to how they could find so many MORE ways to screw up an interface, or be so insensitive to actual user desires. I take small comfort in the fact that a decade later people are starting to agree with me.

6. Wwhat

Wwhat Minimodder

So to find out what 'other users wanted' you of course have no option but to spy on everybody, it's all for your own good.

"We will work to make sure our users understand what they’re sharing and the value they get in return. True to our open heritage, our methods will be open for scrutiny by anyone"

Addendum for them: 'Open to scrutiny but not open to overwhelming unhappiness about it, like always'
    (No charge for this copy enhancement Mozilla, use it for free.).

7. Wwhat

Wwhat Minimodder

They should spin off a FF-faceook edition for 'those people' and leave a firefox core for actual normal users. The google trolls and possibly US government 'assistants' that sneaked into the development team can run it and they can put 12 extra kinds of spying in there, nobody that will use it will mind, push it to the brim with DRM and 'cloud' and 'helpful disabling' and remove all the damn settings, it's all OK. Disable all add-ons that non-corporate people create too, it's a feast like never before.