1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News MPAA gets its sums wrong

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 24 Jan 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. rhuitron

rhuitron Bump? What Bump?

Opppps my ass!

That was just a shock jock moment.
    Just to make the world believe they really are useful and save all the Picture associations millions.
    and that they should continue their useless crusade and bust peoples doors down.

I hate them.

3. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Hmm. The original research report claimed that the MPAA lost $6.1 billion per year due to piracey over the webbernet.

So if the original percentage of 44% for illegal downloads was incorrect, how are the MPAA going to support their $6.1 billion loss figure? Or was that a relational figure?

I really do want to see how they work the spin on this..

Last edited: 24 Jan 2008
  4. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

And they're *STILL* using the old 1 download = 1 lost sale argument :duh:

which is just blatantly wrong, i can guarantee that somehow they suddenly found some way to completely block *all* downloads, sales would only increase by a small fraction of the download numbers...

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

during some time and then plummet like a rock attracted by a black hole that lies in a abyss somewhere........

there must be some kind of law you Americans can use to screw them.... they lied about the values.... and if they cant add how do they think they can defend the industry from clie..... pirates?

6. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

Man, if they were in the business of engineering components in any system, this kind of error could mean a plane dropping out of the sky, a train careening off a track, or a PC crashing when you run Crysis ;(

7. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

with a mistake like that your airplane could crash simply because they designed the tooth picks......

8. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

I agree with other people, ""human error" probably actually means intentionally inflated for personal profit. The way they usually figure out these losses seem flawed in the first place. Most companies seem to assume that every person who downloaded it for free would have bought it if they weren't able to download it, but that's completely untrue imo.

Tags: Add Tags