1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors My New Jeep. Let Me Show You It

Discussion in 'General' started by I'm_Not_A_Monster, 11 Aug 2008.

1. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Audiovox CarLink ASCL100 is a pretty sweet system its satellite based device with paging capabilities, it not only unlocks your door it offer GPS tracking. You can call a toll-free phone number 24/7 to lock, unlock, remote start or activate the carjack feature that immobilizes you vehicle. The key fob as a range of 1000 feet and with the Carlink (phone call) you and start ..... anywhere you are. There are many fail safes with the remote start too like if the hood it open, the car isn't in park or the brake petal is depressed then the car shuts off it also and a timer so you'll never burn the whole tank of gas in idle.

Most of that was taken from " Truckin' " magazine, If you'd like more info or to read the whole article go to there website and look for "No Keys? No Problem !"

Hope I helped :)

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Don't get me wrong, that sounds quite cool from a technical standpoint, but some of it is utterly pointless imho.

1000ft range on a keyfob? Ring up to start your car? o_O

Fancyness for fancy's sake tbh.

3. The_Beast

I think it's pretty cool

4. Altron

Altron Minimodder

Seems pretty cool to me, depending on where you are.

Not everyone gets to park in front of their house... The parking lot I keep my car in, for instance, is 3 blocks from where I live. I would need at least 1,000 ft range for a remote start.

5. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

thats pretty cool, but i don't want to pay a monthly bill for it

6. The_Beast

According to Audiovox's website the Carlink is free for the lifetime of the product

there really is no range if you have a phone

7. I'm_Not_A_Monster

if it is seriously a one-time purchase i'm going to seriosuly consider it

8. zoot2boot

zoot2boot What's a Dremel?

:eyebrow: why wouldn't you just try replacing the battery? :confused:

that's your problem right there. if you desperately need to spend money on your new toy, take it for a road trip.

9. I'm_Not_A_Monster

i could replace the battery, but for the remote to work i'd have put pants on and go outside to make sure its locked. not everyone can park with a line of sight to their destination, some people (*cough* Altron) sound like they need a go-ped in order to get to their car.

10. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

I'm waiting until they start building machine guns into the headlights... :lol:

11. The_Beast

I'm pretty sure its a one-time purchase, it didn't say anything about monthly fees in Truckin' or on the website I looked at

http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/...&langId=-1&page=&urlString=&productId=&brand=

The I couldn't find the ASCL100 on there website (try looking on google for one) but the PT100 seams like the same thing

Hope I helped, tell me if you do decide to buy it :)

12. Krikkit

But... Why? Why do you need a remote start? Walk to your car, put the key in the ignition, and save yourself fuel. Unless you absoulutely rag your car from the first moment you sit in it, there's no real reason for a remote start in sensibly-warm parts of the world.

Sorry to hear you have to park your car so far away, it's never nice to have to plan a journey to a car! :(

13. I'm_Not_A_Monster

personally, i'd get it for the insane range of the door locks (i figure it would take longer for the battery to die to the point of it not working in the ranges i'd normally use it for), but it'd be cool to have a warm engine waiting for me when it's 40 degrees and raining. just because we don't NEED it doesn't mean we wouldn't show it off if we had it

14. Altron

Altron Minimodder

I don't have a remote start ,and not just because I've never had fuel injection AND an automatic transmission in the same car. I was just giving an example of why someone might like it.

Fuel injected cars just heat up so fast, it's crazy. My Olds, iron SBO V8, would take over 20 minutes to reach normal operating temperature in the winter. Not that it mattered, because the heater fan didn't work. I got used to driving in a hat, a scarf, and large mittens.

15. I'm_Not_A_Monster

my old POS nissan was like that. i had AC in the winter and a heater in the summer.

16. Krikkit

I didn't mean you, specifically, I was speaking for everyone. :)

I know the pain of cars that don't heat up very quickly, although my car doesn't take 20 minutes, it must be said. That image of you driving with a hat and gloves on is brilliant. How did you stop it misting up inside though?

17. I'm_Not_A_Monster

in my experience, you either wipe the buildup down at stoplights or drive with the windows down.

all the problems of riding a motorcycle, none of the cool!

18. Altron

Altron Minimodder

I'd usually have to give it a decent de-icing if it was snowy.

Once, the wipers broke, so I had to drive three miles holding an ice scraper / snow brush tool out of the drivers side window, brushing the snow away.

19. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

LOL! I hate driving around with gloves on, pisses me off like no other, i'd rather lose the feeling in my fingers and swear loudly about it to myself, which i do when i get into my car in the winter.

The worst is when the wiper blades freeze to the windshield and the rubber comes off, so you can't use them at all, lest your windshield be destroyed.

20. I'm_Not_A_Monster

have you ever have your wipers be smooth on the upstroke, then when they wipe down it makes a thunka-thunka-thunka sound? how do you fix that?

Tags: