1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Nerf Gun Modding

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 30 Jun 2010.

1. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

Is it me, or do alot of those modded guns look like weapon models used in Borderlands?

2. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

I've got a Nerf Recon CS-6 which I bought a few months back. I'd love to see if I can get more power out of it. The only problem with that gun is that the pump is at the top, which is a little akward if you want some quick firing action.

3. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Yes they really do.

So what would you use to paint these?

I've been looking at modding my pc up a bit and this would be a far cheaper way to start to get the hang of it.

At the moment I'm thinking just buy some Games Workshop spray and then as everyone is saying stick a dry brush effect on it...

4. Kilmoor

Kilmoor lurker

False. Spring rate is linear, yes, but your thought is too simplistic. Increased preload is an additive force which shortens the time interval over which the piston sweeps the chamber, changing the impulse dynamic. Where else would the flight distance gained from the mod come from?
    ---
    Man, what a cool article. I'm old enough to remember when Nerf only made balls. This looks like a whole lotta fun... I forsee wife aggro in the near future...

5. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

So, no mod of the month but ok for a nerf gun mod...

Even being GREAT mods BT is kinda prostituting itself. That makes me sad...

6. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

And i just bought a maveric. Play.com £10 plus 2.5 for a pack of tag darts. Who else is at the i series :D

Duels at dawn here i come.

7. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

It's not a case of doing this to replace the other. It was supposed to be in addition, but IIRC, MOTM hasn't been possible for other reasons this month.

8. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

holy hell those guns look pretty damn schweeeeet!

ive heard of nerf guns but never heard of anyone actually modding them..... wow....

/jawdrop

alright, time to stop by toys 'r us after work.

9. kingjohn

kingjohn mod this sucker

when i was a teen lad we had weapons real weapons LUGER pistols and single barrel pump action shotguns we were criminals though drug dealing hole in the wall crash and grab raiders that stole and wrecked 911 TURBOs for fun using the brilliant sliding hammer or pop the ig pull the socket plug ours in technique, we loved capatilism with its go and get attitude like dont let anything or one stop u and if they try then get back at them . to worship guns is to worship a false GOD no wonder the world is full of nukes .c you all in HELL not i hope.

10. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Just remember that if you paint the gun to look like a real gun, gun laws come into effect. I had to deal with this when I was Air Softing. So if you do fully repaint the guns, don't use them in public, as I'm sure the police will have words with you...

I've been wanting one of those Havoks for a long time now, but with 3 extra belts so it'll have a 100 round chain feed...

11. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Wut?

12. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Looks like the Tabloids were right, GTA does rot your brain....

13. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

There was no mention in the article of any additional flight distance being achieved but if there was I would suggest it was a placebo effect.

14. kingjohn

kingjohn mod this sucker

some of you seem to be over fantasising these toys this is of real concern , some of you might need to seek professional help LOL .

15. Kilmoor

Kilmoor lurker

You're right, there was no mention in the BT article- I had read the links and followed on by visting NerfHaven before posting. One guy even posted statistical distribution plots of range gained. YouTube videos abound. Lots of fun reading followed this article, it all ended up in a candy-colored swirl in my head of plastic toys and puffs of air propelling foam bolts that hiss and sizzle through the air, creating sonic booms that echo through the hallways and bedrooms.

No placebo here. Shimming a spring behind an air piston will increase the distance the bolt can cover. Draw some diagrams if you have to, do some derivations, graph it on your TI-89...

16. leviathan18

leviathan18 What's a Dremel?

ok im sold next purchase im getting a nerf gun

17. geoboy333

geoboy333 Sometimes I say something bright...

That longshot sniper has made my day!

18. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

I wonder how far down this road you have to go before you're guilty of creating a "realistic imitation firearm", a ridiculous definition which makes it legal for you to shoot someone so long as you paint the gun pink first. Or something.

19. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I don't suppose you work for Ripmax do you? Importers of RC stuff?

20. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

MOTM will be here I promise and with an awesome new sponsor too! Can't exactly put it up before the end of the month now can we ;)

Tags: Add Tags