1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New Vista Ultimate extras available

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 24 Apr 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

Wow; I think the resounding answer to the worth the wait question is "Hell no!". Whats the deal with not letting non-vista-ultimate-users not use animated desktops? I'm confused why XP would let you set a gif as your wallpaper and have it be animate while Vista won't. Anyone know something that I don't about this?

3. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Bitch please. Give me something for the extra Benjamin I forked over, not fluff.

4. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Wow! I now feel fulfilled!

5. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

I could in theory, but it never actually animated (or if it did it was horrendously slow, I forget)

As for the news, well meh. These should have been there at the beginning, but I won't use them anyway.
    I did see an M$ employee with a rather nice dripping icicle background though. It made me, and all the other people in the room, need the loo :( so he turned it off :lol:

6. Naberius

Naberius What's a Dremel?

The sounds are poor, but the dreamscene's are a step forward, just need them to release more.

7. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

If they did some fancy ubuntu like features into the areo, then I actually want to believe they did some hard work instead of adding 2 wallpapers and a few sounds. that you can get everywhere for free anyway.

8. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

animated GIF are limited to 256colors. Moreover, your CPU will spike at 80-100% and you have a slide show, nothing remotely close to something that could be called animated.

All this time for these things.... pffff very disappointed.

9. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I have just one thing to say: :duh:

10. exceededgoku

exceededgoku What's a Dremel?

I know it sounds stupid but I never bought Vista Ultimate for it's extras... I bought it because I wanted a complete operating system (memories of XP Home and Pro - hiding all the admin tools and forcing use of safe mode). In Ultimate I feel like I am unrestricted and have all options open to me lol.

11. naokaji

naokaji whatever

rofl at the quoted part...

new wallpapers and some more sounds are the extra features they promised for ultimate? glad I went for home premium.

12. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

altho i purchased ultimate for a whole different reason and couldnt careless bout these 'extras'............ its still quite a slap to my face.

over a year waiting and we get.... some new dreamscene and new sounds? i havent even installed dreamscene. and SOUND? jeezus freakin christ does M$ even knows how many sound packs are out there?

13. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

might get ultimate off msdn tonight to test the new stuff out

:)

14. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

LOL. Rather pretentious sounding, isn't it? :hehe:

15. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

+1 tbh

16. GoodBytes

Nha, don't waist your time.
    The only reason why I got Ultimate was that I got (retail box) it extra extra extra cheap from the company I work for (actually it was the only thing they had, heh). Moreover, I wanted Home Premium + Business feature, and I do use these features.

17. Faulk_Wulf

Faulk_Wulf Internet Addict

Pardon me while I wander off topic for a second: In that linked video there is a part while the user is showing of Beryl where the bring up YouTube and load a video called "Jock Jams 3!" (an anime AMV). After seeing the AMV in the Beryl video I searched for it. I found it and saw that at least 10 or more people came to the video in the same way. So... I think you just indirectly increased the popularity of an arbitrary music video by 300%, congrats. :thumb:

Back on topic. This is a sick joke right? A few sound files and a few backgrounds. Hell end users can develop that. And they could develop it faster and at as good or better quality then what was just released. They have been doing it since Win98 (and probably earlier).

Basically what Microsoft said with this release is: "Hah hah, we have your money and we don't care what you want. We don't care cause you already paid." I never knew about supposed Ultimate extras, but I guess it doesn't matter. :grr:

18. GoodBytes

19. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

20. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Roll on Windows 7.

Tags: Add Tags