1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo DS Lite

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by K, 26 Jan 2006.

1. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

plus you could always pick up a USB charger (about £5) If you go for the jap import ;)

2. Neoki

Neoki Minimodder

Would like to see a picture of all the gameboys in comparison. This would be ace. How much thinener is it.

3. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

If anyone's interested, here's a side-by-side video of the DS and DS Lite. The size difference is pretty impressive, on paper the dimensions looked like only a marginal decrease.

Funny thing was, I was just about to order the black Chinese DS from Lik-Sang (they were finally back in stock and the Chinese version has a UK plug), when I saw the Lite announced on their news page...March suddenly feels quite far off now...

Oh, and does anyone know if they will be releasing the Lite in any other colours? Would prefer a black version as they tend to age better.

4. riggs

riggs ^_^

I'd imagine you'd be able to get them in different colours eventually. I'd guess that white and black will be the options available @ launch.

[edit] Just watched the vid...quite impressed by the size difference. Would've prefered a pic though (whoever made that vid has way too much time on their hands!).
    I was gonna Photoshop™ a pic together, but couldn't find any decent images of the 'normal' DS...

5. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I'd assume there's virtually no chance of getting one on launch in Japan is there? That leaves me... about 3 weeks from then until my birthday to find one online somewhere. I am defo getting one, and I'm finding it really hard to not infact just buy a second hand DS off eBay to be honest - the more I see of the current crop of games the more I want one BAAAAAAD.

6. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

7. ajiKaBooM!

ajiKaBooM! What's a Dremel?

well done nintendo

8. nintendoh

nintendoh What's a Dremel?

Here here ! :D

9. mushky

mushky gimme snails

There isn't that much difference in my eyes. I was hoping for more.

The original DS was a bit bigger but the size difference really isn't going to make any life changes for you (image aside). If you want to have a nintendo about your person then you will.

Good move on the screen. The original was a very good design, don't get me wrong, but adjustable brightness is almost taken for granted these days and rightfully so.

Has anybody got hold of one of these yet?

10. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

K and I are still waiting for our man in Hong Kong to do the business... V_V

11. Neji

Neji What's a Dremel?

I got mine, after waiting 12hours outside on the cold streets of Tokyo, or was is 13? Anyway, well worth it and a great birthday present.

12. Arkuden

Arkuden mow?

i think pics are in order by penalty of something really bad if you have infact gotten one. Dont hold out on us now :D

13. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

K and I have both re-ordered Lites (see the General Forum for more) after a run-in with some sort of pathological eBay liar... and according to the incomprehensible Japanese tracking page mine is showing up as being at the Coventry Parcelforce Depot! We've ordered matching Enamel Blue versions (no white ones available for moi) for rather more than our friend in Japan probably paid for them.

Fun times ahead, although it's a present off my girlfriend for my birthday next Friday V_V

Pics will probably follow from K first...

14. K

K 528491

Mook's being a tad over-enthusiastic. According to the Parcelforce thing they've just left Japan. Heh.

Can't wait to give you a beating on Tetris. I've been practising with Tetris DX. Booya.

15. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

In amongst all that crazy Japanese jibber jabber were the words 'Coventry Parcelforce Depot'. How was I to know, eh? What's a few thousand miles between friends anyway?

And don't pretend you hadn't worked out the flight times/ potential delivery windows before I did.

16. Duality

Duality What's a Dremel?

I am going to buy one of these babies along with Metroid Prime Hunters, and Mario Kart DS, when it comes out. I think that DS Lite looks better than PSP, and that will get the people that only want objects for style, to buy it.

17. nintendoh

nintendoh What's a Dremel?

I agree, It looks better than the PSP which will get the "casual gamer" and "chavs" interested also. lol :D

18. K

K 528491

Mine's arrived today. So I'm just about to pop home to get it.

The thought of going home to play it on with just my sister's Nintendogs to play on was too horriffic, so I caved in and paid full whack for a copy of Mario Kart. Hopefully Metroid and Tetris will arrive before the end of the week! If not, plenty to keep me going on Mario Kart. Phew.

19. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Exactly what he just said ^^^^

Except I can't play mine until Friday and I've got Advanced Wars too. Just tried it without a game, man it's beeeeeeeautiful! Such a nice colour and the screen is incredible looking.

20. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

Pictures please!

Ice

Tags: