1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Not another scandal...

Discussion in 'General' started by bahgger, 3 Nov 2008.

1. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

2. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

That sort of comment has been on tv week in week out. The mail is running on a high after their efforts against Brand and Ross and it just wants another opportunity to flex its muscles.

3. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

Actually, I did think when he kept saying it over and over again, maybe he has gone too far with this one. Alright maybe take a quick shot at some organisation / whatever, but essentially he kept repeating 'truck drivers kill women' which isn't too good....

4. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

It wouldn't be a good series of top gear if he didn't say something that got complaints! :)

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Oh come on, get real guys. It's obviously a joke. Get the Mail et al off their damn hobby-horse and start bitching about something that really matters.

6. Major

Major Guest

It's the Daily Mail, remember when the mother and the Daily Mail accused a Nintendo DS of ruining her children???

7. 13en

13en Minimodder

It's the Daily Fail, therefore it's a complete non-issue. Their readers just need to complain about something.

8. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

truth. plus i'm guessing clarkson isn't too popular with some people and after the whole brand and ross thing, think it's the perfect chance to get rid of him as well.

9. severedhead

severedhead What's a Dremel?

But surely people know what Clarkson is like by now. If nothing else there's 11 full series of Top Gear and this new episode to go off.

10. naokaji

naokaji whatever

I don't see the problem, if people don't like him they are free to change to another channel, it's not like anyone would be forced to watch it, or they could *gasp* turn the tv off and step outside the house for once if they get so easily offended by something said on tv.

Or, even better, they could stop reading the Daily Fail and get their own opinion.

11. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Unfortunatele, too many people dont have the restraint to just turn off the channel, they have to write in and ruin things for everybody :(

I see ITV have jumped on the bandwagon (or is it CH4) with some documentary on the whole affair *sigh*

12. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

I am of the opinion that there's no news of any value in any daily newspaper. They rely entirely on sensationalist crap to shift pulp.

13. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

It's probably also in the Daily epic fail because of the amount of lorry drivers that read it...it's such dribble they can even read it while driving!

14. Major

Major Guest

Comment on Sky Website clears all this up in one.

So yeah, if you don't like the humour, go and watch Brum!!

[​IMG]

15. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

If you watch Top Gear, you should be ready for comments from Clarkson.

If not, go watch 5th Gear. Leave the better program to those who appreciate it

16. kempez

kempez modding again!

Agreed on both of those

If the BBC do anything to Top Gear (i.e. take it off air), then I'll personally go down there and bomb the bloody place. It's the only good show on TV

I hate the Daily Mail, what a bunch of time wasting ulta-politically correct tossers

17. Major

Major Guest

18. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

i watched the whole show and didnt even notice the comments :duh: maybe its just that i know what to expect?
    I think more complaints about the daily mail should be expressed lets "run um outta town" :D

19. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

The general impression I got from the show is that it shows just how difficult truck driving is but some people still take a small joke and turn it into an 'attack'?

The Ross/Brand thing was a billion times worse than this.

20. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

500 people out of the millions (?) that watch top gear. They should just not watch it.

Tags: