1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL *NSFW* *The new Demote thread*

Discussion in 'General' started by adam_bagpuss, 8 Jul 2011.

1. October

October Mariachi Style

First of all, it's the United States of America, really don't get how referring to that 'makes little sense'. Would you prefer 'I'm a United States of America-n'...? It's an abbreviation, in much the same way if someone asks me where I'm from I don't say the Republic of Ireland, just Ireland.

2. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I'm not sure it's as complicated as all that. I think the original demote just means that there is a large amount of Americans that think all of America is just the United States; and don't realise there are larger continents that make up the Americas.

3. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

My nationality is Seminole. I happen to live in North America, in the US. I would therefore be a native American, or Native American. I prefer the term Seminole, I don't want to be lumped in this mess of stupid, plus it's dual citizenship anyway.

The "rules" about how to call yourself if you're of the First Peoples here is ridiculous. As is everyone that calls us "Indians." Aboriginal peoples-that's fine, we were. First Peoples, sure, OK. Calling me by my nation, if you know it, is respectful. Knowing I'm from the Five Civilized Tribes is a nice try, but ultimately that was a white term because we were easier to "deal with." But for the most part, do you know what I get called?

Woods ni**er. Yup. That ought to demotivate you. Also, I got called camel jockey while fixing my water pipe a few weeks ago. You guys are arguing over the proper terminology for 'Muricans and I'm trying not to be called a racial slur. There's your perspective for the day, and yes, I agree that Americans are pretty much stupid. You find individuals who wish to better themselves, but the average is getting really bad.

Carry on, I want to see some cats here.

4. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

In that situation Kayin I'd probably be calling everyone else immigrants.

5. asura

asura jack of all trades

The problem comes when there are more immigrants than nationals... Actually the problem came when we invaded with three of the four horsemen - sorry about that.

Have some felis silvestris grampia probably the most startled looking cat... then again - unlike depicted in "braveheart" we actually take our kilts off to CHAAAAAAAAAAARGE

[​IMG]

6. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Nail, meet hammer. That was the point. If someone said "I'm American," and you responded "Oh cool. From which country?" They would look at you with blank looks.

Best I could come up with to be unique.

7. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

That reminds me of a scene in Buffy the Vampire Slayer when Giles refers to native Americans as Indians, and Buffy corrects him; Giles then says it's hard enough not to think of Americans as bloody colonials still... :D

But yeah, I would reply with some remarks about 'illegal immigrants' next time someone insults your nationality- some people are so.... f*cking retarded, it beggars belief...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. MadDogg

MadDogg Sofa King Awesome

You're living amongst a bunch of rednecks. Pay them no attention.

9. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

10. Darkwisdom

Don't let Krikkit see that :lol:

11. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

12. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Yep, and I bet she loves it!

(Cue the anti-misogynistic tirade...)

13. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Warning your computer doesn't meet the necessary hardware requirements to install this game

hmmmm ivy bridge not fast enough to run a game from 2007 apparently, neither is my 7870

time to go find me a crack for the installer

its kind of aggravating that you need to resort to piracy as the game wont install due to it not understanding my hardware

:duh:

14. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Which one is it out of interest? I've seen a couple of games/installers crash because they weren't equipped to deal with 6+ cores.

15. Darkwisdom

What game is this? I tried to play Prototype after I picked it up for £2 from a second hand shop. It wouldn't recognise the disk. I had to rip it and mount it to get it to work.

16. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I recall my copy of Descent 3 [both my original copy and my GoG copy], throw a complete spazz when detecting hardware...

It thought my i7 was a Pentium 3 at 0Mhz, it thought my [at the time] GTX280 only had 64MB of RAM and it just generally had a bit of a meltdown...

17. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

What I find funny is that the Apple guy vaguely looks like Fix It Felix...

18. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

God it annoys me when installers try to get clever.
    Just let me install the damn programme and we'll see if it runs on my system or not :wallbash:

19. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The annoying thing is, if you close your eyes & listen, she does actually have a half decent voice...

20. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

game is battlestations midway ( getting ready for world of warships / warthunder )
    found a cracked installer - installed perfect with zero problems

suddenly I see the advantage of piracy

now to see if I cant 'encourage' star trek armada 2 to install under windows 7