1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Official "John Hanlon Fund Raiser" PC Build (Thank you Mach!)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by mnpctech, 23 Feb 2012.

1. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

2. mnpctech

@Darth, when you have chance, can you please post the photos from Ebay listing here as well, Thank you! :thumb:

3. DarthBeavis

DarthBeavis What's a Dremel?

4. Just Jon

Just Jon User title provided by Skimtitles

Just an observation, the reason the Reddit posting may have been taken down could be because of the following rule:

It goes on to mention about Facebook profiles etc. etc. the Ebay listing includes a link to the Support John Hanlon Facebook group... well :sigh:.

Anyway, hoping for a fantastic result, this turned out to be a really nice build, well done guys :clap:.

5. mnpctech

6. mnpctech

Told the folks at frozencpu about the auction this morning.

Keep spreading the word for John! :rock:

7. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Awesome build but imo it needs way more bids!!! This mod is priceless for gods sake! Lets share the word! Share everyday!
    Bill and Darth did something extraordinary for a fellow human. Lets follow that example and share the love in this world.
    My personal thanks to all the people involved in this mod and also in the donations, faith in humanity restored!

8. Lutro0

Lutro0 .Cable Sleeving Evangelist.

Bill, why are you talking to yourself? :thumb:

9. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

He's talking to me. He knows I lurk.

I'm hoping the lull is because most interested parties try to bid at the last minute.

10. yougotkicked

yougotkicked A.K.A. YGKtech

eBay is like that usually, the price will move faster on the last day than in the entire preceding week, and it's not uncommon for the final bid to be "sniped" by someone bidding the minimum just seconds before the auction closes.

I for one plan to re-post the appropriate links on facebook and such on the final day of the auction, and possibly once or twice before that.

Just posting in this thread helps a little too, keeping it on the first page really adds to the viewership.

P.S. somebody should edit the eBay posting, still says RainMaker instead of Rainmeter, Along with a few other typo's and awkward phrasings that make it look just a little less professional.

11. DarthBeavis

Ebay will not let me edit what has already been posted for some reason it only lets me add.

12. yougotkicked

yougotkicked A.K.A. YGKtech

Odd, oh well.

13. buzznut

buzznut What's a Dremel?

I just shared both links above.

You guys rock!
    :rock:

14. theoeyeo

theoeyeo What's a Dremel?

i'm thinking of using a service to bid from down here as you buggers won't ship internationally :(
    either that or mnpctech can ship it to me as they ship internationally.......
    It's bargain priced at the moment and will make a great prize giveaway or display piece for our office.

15. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

So much quality contributions from a range of excellent people who are high in their modding game & companies helping to make it a perfectly good system as well as a really good mod, I really hope it shoots up nice & high by the time final bids come in squashing any current concerns about it.

If I was well off I would slap a big fat bid on this of at least 10x it's worth in materials & hardware even if it was purely to support an awesome man in a mega highly creative community as a friendly nod & a smile to an awesome bunch of people really showing how community is so alive & kicking.

Fingers are crossed an awesome bunch of people do this. :D

You guys who made all this happen are so damn awesome :rock: & I'm really proud of you all. :cooldude::clap:

16. mnpctech

@theoeyeo, the PC is at Darth's residence. and Yes, if it stays at this price, it's a very good deal, even with shipping fee/costs

@buzznut, Thank you very much! :rock:

@Waynio, I hear ya. If I could afford to right now, I'd buy and give it to John.

@Darth, when logged into Ebay, view your Listing page. There should be "Revise your Item" link at top left. You should be able to edit everything.

[​IMG]

17. DarthBeavis

I will try again tonight (I did follow that link several times). I am on the road to San Francisco to work a booth at the Maker Faire (modding demos and stuff). Should be home late Tuesday but I will have email access and will check the forums at night.

18. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

I think if most of us had the spare cash we would do the same bill, reposted on facebook as well, the only thing i am gutted about is the timing, a bit late but i believe we could of done an etching in time, oh well... at least i managed to help in one way or another :)

19. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

You helped plenty.

20. theoeyeo

theoeyeo What's a Dremel?

I don't think you're allowed to edit the original text once bids have been received - that's why you're only allowed to add/update the auction.