1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bits On Our Desk - 16

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 26 Mar 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

http://www.bit-tech.net/bits/2009/03/26/on-our-desk-16/1

It's time for another round-up of all the gadgets, gizmos and gear that litters our desktops. This time we've got a new Teufel headset, a Saiph gaming mouse, an Icy Box portable digital TV player, an iPhone Rogue-like and a bunch of other stuff we don't have room to mention here.

:eeek:

2. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Those Medusa headphones look cool, as does that Icy Box mini TV/media player.

BTW, isn't it "Wrath of the Lich King", not "Wraith of the Lich King"?

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

My eyes are broken and I need some new goggles :blush:

4. plagio

plagio What's a Dremel?

meh, nothing that I would buy really.

Speaking of which, when is the "Razer Mamba" going to be reviewed ?

5. Tim S

Tim S OG

We've got one in and have been working on the review, but we've got a number of questions we're waiting on answers for. :)

6. Turbotab

Turbotab I don't touch type, I tard type

Rogue touch and Thai massages, sounds like the opening statement in an employment tribunal!

7. soopahfly

soopahfly Minimodder

I'd have thought the 10ft cable was quite obvious.

These sorts of headphones are not designed to be used "On the go". Those who do, look like complete prats.
    Using these headphones for their proper purpose, i.e plugging them into your amplifier and sitting on your sofa to watch a movie, play a game, listen to music etc without disturbing those around you, then the 10ft cable would be very handy.

Same with the medusa headset. A long cable is ideal for this purpose, just in case you're lucky enough to have a large desk and aren't required to sit on your PC to use your headphones.

8. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

did anyone think of castle of the winds when they saw rogue touch

9. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I don't want to sound mean but this article is an insult when compared to your "The Path" review. Sounds like a) someone held a gun to your head and said "BE FUNNY!!!" and/or b) Dennis mixed some liquid LSD in your water. What's with all the "funny" comments? I see that such a review doesn't have to be as serious as say a mainboard's review but that was a painful read.

Other than that: Nothing too interesting for me. I'd never get anything named Medusa and put it on my head. :)

10. Fisher.

Fisher. partially impartial

Well perplekks45, you should reconsider. I have the home edition of these headphones, and they are just awesome. Tons of connectors and adapters for anything you could imagine, and they come with and amplifier/cradle with switchable 5.1 inputs.

Oh, and they only cost $3 more than the gaming ones:thumb::thumb::thumb:

My only quibble (and it appears that they didn't change this on the new set) is that the mic is not removeable. Otherwise, these are an awesome set of cans.

11. Jozo

Jozo This is bit-tech

I think I'll stick to my Sennheiser headphones.

12. djDEATH

djDEATH Habari gani?

me too

13. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I have a zboard and I hate it with a passion. £40 for what is effectively a cheap plastic keyboard with a few little gimmics.

14. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

I did own 2 zbords and personly would not recommend them. the first one flaked out and very quicky (approx 2 months). After changing key sets a few time they tend to start to have problems. The key set ends up not connecting correctly and then just stop working at.

The second one i had lasted a little longer Approx 5 months and then went the same way as the first. personly and honisly they are not worth the money and feel like tacky cheap nasty hard peces of plastic.

Buy a £1.99 OEM keybord and some paint and do the wording your self and at least youll know that you havent just waisted the cost of a z-board on them and save you self a future hole in the wall.

Mind you it does melt well in a fire in the back yard ill give it that ..........

15. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

+1

16. elitesky

elitesky What's a Dremel?

If I were you, I would by a keyboard that is rather expensive but reasonable in its price since it's worth it in the long term anyway, especially if you're a serious computer user, whether a gamer or a professional. Also, most keyboards with a not-so-cheap price have features that is good for your health that is <a href="http://www.ergonomicsmadeeasy.com">ergonomics</a>, which helps your wrist avoid wrist injuries or painful hands due to extensive typing or keyboarding.

17. elitesky

elitesky What's a Dremel?

If I were you, I would by a keyboard that is rather expensive but reasonable in its price since it's worth it in the long term anyway, especially if you're a serious computer user, whether a gamer or a professional. Also, most keyboards with a not-so-cheap price have features that is good for your health that is ergonomics, which helps your wrist avoid wrist injuries or painful hands due to extensive typing or keyboarding.

Tags: Add Tags