1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Paperazzi: July08 MoTM - End of the road :)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by acey, 27 Jun 2008.

1. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

Thanks people, looking forward to finishing it as well :)

2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Hot damn. Psychotic comes to mind, but that is very impressive. :eeek:

3. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

it is a very nice mod, the first i have seen with a SCI-FI monster theme that has actually worked. i am so glad you didn't mould a human skull in on that because they really look crap afterwards.

love this case, and would hate to move it anywhere incase i damaged it!

4. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

Thank you. Proceeding with the last panel (right) and then clear coating everything. I have plexi now (4mm) but not sure how am I gonna proceed iwth the 120mm bracket cos this rented house doesnt have any wall sockets anywhere near the outside and I don't really wanna do any drilling and cutting in the house. Probably should send it to the shop where I get the plexi, sigh. Dremel's dead, didn't take my workbench along when I shifted... now to get that little piece of bracket done is even more torturing than the whole case itself.

5. MrWizard

MrWizard What's a Dremel?

Still the weirdest mod I've ever seen. :p

6. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Whoa man. You have an awesome way with materials, textures and paint. Loving every moment of this. Keep up the good work :thumb:

7. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

Hehehe weird people do weird things :D

Thanks mate. Anyway gonna slime and purple-highlight the right panel today when it gets brighter (teh socket for the light in my room's nuts so I'm running on 2 IKEA Grono lamps which is not so good to differentiate colors at night).

Chucked the wares into the case with the side panels still to be closed (fan panel not done). There's nothing much to see for the inside as I really don't have any space to manage the thick cables =/ (case's mobo tray is welded all the way from front to back). And lately just not being a fan of fancy lighting so it looks like a chunk of opium sitting on the table at night lol.

Prolly not gonna have any pix of the final build till tomorrow or Tuesday. Till then.

8. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

Mwehehehehe... it works

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 20 Jul 2008
  9. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Looks like it's still sticky.:D
    -Or like it could bite you.

10. PrometheusCon

PrometheusCon What's a Dremel?

The top panel looks wicked. Just plain wicked!

11. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

Lol, ive always wanted to make something that can make ppl go "yuck"

Thanks man. Took me about 8 hours to get it done

12. milotic858

milotic858 What's a Dremel?

Wow, this such a cool mod. Very creative. I would never have thought to use paper in this way. Good work.

Did you have to cut the paper first or could you have soaked it without cutting and then mush it up after is was all soft?

13. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

This looks really awesome! I like the fan intake!

14. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

Have to cut it into very fine pieces first then soak. A shredder might've make things easier lol.

Thanks. But I still haven't cut the 120mm bracket yet for the top fan.

15. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

Right Panel Finale

Still remember the remaining dark side? Time to tie up the loose end of the remaining 1/4 to completion.

[​IMG]

Savor the moment before it dries (Cos I know fairly well what its gonna look like once its dried :D )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After clear spray and black on the back, chilling against the wall (yeah, bad pics but its 7pm so I guess only more pix tomorrow will do)

[​IMG]

Refraining from showing the rest of the photo for the 3/4 that was hooked up with the old wares 2 days ago (except for teh one DF asked for)

Moar photos in about 15 hours or so. Time to BURN some plexi.

16. milotic858

milotic858 What's a Dremel?

looks great, never would have believed you used paper for this mod. I love the texture that it gives your case.:thumb:

17. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

Thanks. Truth is.... I'm Iron Man... ...but my arms are falling off now. Moar pix coming soon

Edit: Um... I accidentally and without knowingly did a dual-tone / candy look for the case actually. Was letting it have some cam-whoring session since its pretty much done minus the fan bracket which is killing my arms, and was pretty shocked that when there's flash the thing's colour looks absolutely different than what the eyes usually see.

So kinda rushed out of the house with one panel to see if its the camera or if its for real. Well, the experiment outside proved its an accidental dual-tone. I guess when I did the back-to-back spray with black n brown. But honestly it looks like crap under the sun :evil:

Last edited: 22 Jul 2008
  18. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

Right Panel Finale

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dual Tone

What our eyes see:
    [​IMG]

Whats under the sun/flash:
    [​IMG]

What our eyes see:
    [​IMG]

Whats under the sun/flash:
    [​IMG]

Brown betrayed me :(

120mm Fan Bracket

No dremel yet so had to do with these tools. My arms are falling off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bullet holes :D :
    [​IMG]

So far...
    [​IMG]

Since I'm getting my dremel back today I'll continue the work later. Sore arms from turning all the shaded areas into plexi dust.

19. nickhelton

nickhelton What's a Dremel?

oh man. i just bought a dremel and i thought THAT was hard work. i couldnt imagine doin it with files

20. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

Lol. My arms are hurting now. But I basically manage to finish it this morning, like 1 hour prior to the hardware shop opens (where I sent teh dremel for repair). I just filed 4 small curves at the sides to make way for the rivets on the chasis. Sprayed black + brown on the back and didn't go all in on it to give it a semi-translucent look to isolate the fan's lights or the shapes won't show well if its transparent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not too shiny :(

[​IMG]

So thats it. Paperazzi's officially done. Pix of the final build tomorrow. Too dark to take any pix right now. :) TIME TO CLEAN DA ROOOOOOOOOOM... meh..

Tags: