1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress PEXON' / PARVUM Vanilla / ITX Parvum / New Ram and Cable Management

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by shrop, 14 Aug 2014.

1. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Love that color scheme.

2. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Necro-bump!

3. shrop

shrop El Jefe of Sleeving

Even more necro bump. I am so sorry I have not had the time or the money to get this project finished. I shall be making some progress this coming month for sure! :D

4. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

Well I for one am happy for the delay, since I missed this one the first time around. :) Subbed! Love the idea too, stuffing good raddage into an ITX case. I managed to get a pair of 240s into a Corsair Carbide Air 240, but I needed super slim rads and it was quite a tight fit.

5. Raiden

Raiden Portuguese reviewer

Nice project.

But why not an atx mobo?

Such a big case deserved a bigger mobo compatibility. Do Parvum acept request??

6. Impeccable Logic

Impeccable Logic What's a Dremel?

Pleasant to look at. Look forward to the finish.

7. shrop

Right, got some watercooling gear in

[​IMG]

Updating soon.

Still need to get my hands on a new GPU though, the 280X DUCII is tooooo big and won't allow me to use a 120mm thin rad up top.

Will also be getting some new RAM. Still going to keep the 2500K for the time being, will go ham for my next parvum build though :D

8. shrop

Time for another little update.

I managed to get some sleeving on the fans done and installed on the rad an in the case, also got some sleeving sorted out on the pump. Slowly running out of my last little bit of MDPC-X Vanilla sands :(

One thing I am thinking of is sleeving the tubing, I've seen it done a few times before with MDPC-X sleeving specifically, one issue though, I am find when screwing down the fittings, it chews up the sleeving, I will have to have a play with different methods to stop it damaging the sleeving. I'm going to be using Vanilla Sands SATA sleeving, if I can get it nice and neat, if the sleeving quality is compromised, obviously, I won't do it, I don't want chewed up sleeved tubing.

[​IMG]

I love these eloop fans, they look epic. I took the stickers off, removed the gunk with some isopropyl and de-soldered the preinstalled cables. I'm using 24 AWG wire and twisting it with a drill as it sits much cleaner when sleeved in MDPC-X

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think I am going to terminate all of the fans (3 of them) into a single 8 pin CPU connector that will go straight into the PSU and power them at 12v as the fans are pretty quiet as is.

Home-made 2 slot cable combs

[​IMG]

As I had no idea how to take the Eisberg apart, I took the top sticker thing off the top to try and open it up, however, there aren't any screw holes to open it up. I removed all of the sleeving and took off the shrink in the housing, twisted the wire and sleeved it in MDPC-X Vanilla Sands. I popped a cable tie and gently popped it inside of the pump housing for some strain relief, then popped the stock rubber strain relief back over to make everything nice and neat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lovely and neat!

[​IMG]

Thats all for now. Next up will be getting some new RAM, I will be looking to grab some this week and also looking at getting a new GPU and block.

Once I get the GPU and block, the full loop will get installed. There is still a lot of work to do with cabling and lighting so I will have 1 or 2 more updates this week hopefully!

Thanks for looking.

9. shrop

Right, I got some work done on the cables. Everything is going well in the back, all the cables are sitting lovely without the need for cable combs. I want to ensure everything is sitting in there so I can choose to have the back and front panels off and everything will still look neat.

Slowly running out of MDPC-X Vanilla Sands and Colour-X is gone, so if anyone has some left, give me a shout. I have everything done that I need to with the PSU cables, but it would be good to have some spare. The SATA cables will be done in Vanilla Sands as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I went with single straight SATA plugs to keep the hard drive and SSD nice and tidy, an inline would look nasty with the drives sitting in different positions.

[​IMG]

Here are some pics of the rear of the case, pretty damn happy with the way the cables are sitting as is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up is getting a new top panel for the top 120mm as its sitting a little close to the GPU.

I've got some new RAM coming in the post tomorrow, so I will hopefully have some more pictures to show. After that, GPU block and watercooling.

I have also made a banner and placed it in the OP, so let me know what you think.

Thanks for looking!

10. Mads1

Mads1 What's a Dremel?

looking good :)

11. shrop

Thanks so much :D

Right, made an order with Overclockers yesterday for some new RAM. I got 2x 4GB sticks of 866 Hyper-X Savage in red, I think it fits in pretty damn well. Once I upgrade the mobo to one of the Asus gold ITX boards, it will look ace together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]