1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phobya water-cooled case design thread - Stage 2

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Combatus, 3 Jan 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

I can't wait to see all entries. Mine is finally done too (just in time) ... here is a picture for fun (who said it is a total mess) :

[​IMG]

I'm finishing 2D export and I post my final final entry :blush:

EDIT : @Confusis : woooohooooooooo I'm glad you made it !! Gongrats !

2. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

true true. Everything just looks so much better with HW in it. :)

EDIT: woooow that must have taken long to put it there! or do you have integrated physix in SKU? ;)

3. GuilleAcoustic

PhysX and accelero / gyroscope inside the monitor, just shake it up :D. This was mainly to show that every single panel can be assembled / disassembled with thumbscrew.

I'd like to mention that this is no kind of personal revenge against sketchup :D:naughty::worried:

Last edited: 28 Jan 2011
  4. subtec

subtec drawing boxes

Well... just spent about the last 15 hours grinding out these renders and prepping them... had to crunch a lot in the last minute... lots of missing details, tubing, construction details, mats need tweaking etc etc... so tired.. lol

anyway...

Phobya "Dominus" by subtec

The Dominus is designed to house the most powerful hardware available - including the EVGA SR-2 dual processor motherboard, up to five full-length dual-slot video cards, and up to two ATX power supplies - all in a case sized midway between a Silverstone TJ07 and a Corsair 800D.

The roof of the case can accommodate up to a quad 140mm radiator, or two Phobya 200mm radiators with push-pull fans, while the case floor can additionally support a dual 140mm or triple 120mm radiator, or up to two 200mm/180mm/140mm fans, or three 120mm fans serving as intake fans. Universal mounting plates support standard fan mounts from 120mm to 200mm and may be repositioned as needed at the top of the case. A 120mm fan mount is also provided at the rear of the case.

A unique feature of the Dominus is the slide-out motherboard tray that may be reoriented vertically and reinserted into the case, thereby enabling an air-cooling optimized "air mode," in which fans sized up to 200mm blow air straight up through the components and out the top of the case.

Other features include a full-length air filter spanning the bottom of the case that may be easily removed through the front panel, and re-positionable top fill port plate utilizing the same mounting points as the universal fan plates.

Specifications:
    • 540mm x 220mm x 665mm (H x W x D), 79 liters
    • 5 dedicated 3.5" HDD bays
    • 2 dedicated 5.25" bays
    • Up to 2 ATX power supplies
    • 10 expansion slots
    • ATX, EATX, HPTX motherboard support

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Razer2007

@ Guille: mmmmmm really? haha It's cool man. I can render the stuff for you in stage 3. if you get through.

@Subtec:..... yeeeah. there goes my chance of winning. LOL if it was there.

EDIT: Jealousy is a bad thing. But I can't help it now.

6. subtec

subtec drawing boxes

Dude, I was 6th last round... don't get your hopes down :p

7. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

I was 10th last round! This will be interesting

8. GuilleAcoustic

and I waslast ex aequo :waah: ... I really don't think I'll make it to stage 3, but who knows ?

@Razer : Thanks a lot !

9. Razer2007

I'll go get my shotgun for when the apocalypse begin. and enough cheesecake so that I don't get too weak.

10. Roboduck

Roboduck 01110001 01110101 01100001 01100011

Like I said its anyone's game at this point!

Good luck to you all!

11. Razer2007

err... sorry? did you mean it good or bad?

Sure man. whatever you say boss... :geek:

12. Mick64

Mick64 Dream Modeller

Well here goes. I'm naming my case PROTEUS.

I started designing my case many months ago, a short time after getting into water cooling. I modded an Antec P182 to house my water-cooled system, and this got me thinking. I had a look around to see what cases were available which were designed for water-cooling only to find that choice was very limited. So this is when I decided to try and design a case that would accommodate an efficient water-cooled system with no, or little modification and was versatile enough to appeal to wide range of water-cooling enthusiasts, both experienced and new. From the very beginning, I have invited enthusiasts to give me their input and I have tweaked my design with their ideas and suggestions in mind. I believe my case is a simple design, but extremely versatile, with enough room for a very effective water-cooling system.

One of the first things that I decided is that I didn't want to use rivets. All the components of my case are fastened with screws, so it's very simple to strip the whole case down should you need to modify or change something.

The motherboard tray is removable so that you can easily assemble your ATX or E-ATX motherboard outside the case. The MB tray and the side panels are reversible, so that you can have the motherboard in a standard orientation or inverted.

There's room for a large power supply which can be positioned in the top or the bottom of the case. It can also be mounted either way up.

The hard drive racks are modular and come in two sizes. These hold two or four drives, so depending on your needs, from two to eight drives can be installed, or if HDD space is more important than rad space, more racks can be fitted in the top and/or bottom sections. There's also an adapter rack which can be fitted instead of two hard drives that can hold four SSD's.

There are three full depth 5.25" bays and two half depth, or with a shorter rad, the half depth bays can be replaced with full depth if required.

The front I/O ports are mounted in an optional 5.25" sized module which can be fitted in a bay at the bottom of the case or any of the other 5.25" bays at the top.

I think the main feature of my case are the top and bottom sections which house the radiators. There's room for two large 120mm rads, one 360 and one 480, or more if you choose to use a sandwich configuration. I personally believe that the most efficient rad set-up is push-pull with shrouds, so there's enough room for 70mm thick rads with fans and shrouds fitted on either side. With the fact that there's unrestricted air flow across the rads from one side of the case to the other, fluid cooling potential is maximised.

The centre section of the case is cooled with two large fans. At the back there is a 140mm exhaust fan and at the front, a fan of up to 200mm can be fitted to push air over the hard drives and motherboard.

I think that covers all of the features of my case design apart from the fact that most of the internal parts can be selected as options. This way, you only need to order those parts which you require for your system.

Edit, I should have mentioned that it is constructed from aluminium.

Dimensions: -

Height - 630mm
    Depth - 700mm
    Width - 246mm

Sorry for the old renders, but I simply haven't had the time to produce any new ones. :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. GuilleAcoustic

That was a big thanks for you proposing to help me with my render :). I just saw so many nice design and nice rendered concept that I'm loosing hope.

I can bring the cheese cake if you want :hip:

EDIT : And I wanted to say that I'm very happy to be in competition with you all. I was kind of affraid that it would be a battle to death among us ... but every one are just trying to help each other. I've never modded and this is my first time trying to create a concept case. This was a very rich experience and worth to live, thanks to all of you :blush: :thumb:

14. Razer2007

Gaaa that's awesoooome! Cant you possibly make the case bigger?

LOL ok cool.No problem!

15. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Just :jawdrop: at the super-epic eye candy going on here! Well done guys!

16. GuilleAcoustic

MONOLITH

Tower shaped case, Monolith can hold an enormous amount of processing power. It's trays and doors concept makes it very pleasant to work in.

The three removable trays (motherboard, watercooling hardware and PSU holding) makes tubing, wiring and mounting really easy. Once everything is connected, just slide all trays inside the case and connect the PSU to the hardware. Tubing between main chamber and cooling chamber can be made even easier by using quick disconnect coupling and the built in bulk heads.

It's short depth makes it the perfect jewel for your desk.

Specifications

Dimension:
    - 370(L) x 370(W) x 640(H) mm (87L)

Drive bay:
    - One 5x Toolless hard drive bay with rail and backplane connector.
    - A second 5x Toolless hard drive bay with rail and backplane connector or 2x 5.25" front bay.

Cooling :
    - 2x 140mm bottom fan mounted on a toolless removable panel.
    - 2x 92mm exhaust on top.
    - Side mounted monolithic dust filter for cooling chamber

(Mounted on the cooling tray)
    - 2x 420mm radiator
    - 2x pump with adjustable mounting rails (with rubber vribration dampering pad)
    - support for up to 2 phobya balancer / EK multioption reservoir
    - dual fill port with access trap

Top I/O Port :
    - USB 3.0 x2
    - MIC x1
    - Audio x1

Power Supply:
    - 1x PS2 (ATX) ... up to 300mm long

Motherboard:
    - ATX or E-ATX or Micro ATX (with connector on the top, better air flow).

GPU:
    - Card up to 400mm without disassembling anything.

Cable Management:
    - 2 removable panels to guide and hide wires
    - Cable clip behind the removable panel

Special Feature:

- Toolless design
    - Industrial and uncommon look
    - 3 isolated zone : Main chamber hardware, cooling chamber, power and data chamber.

- Motherboard tray
    - PSU tray that allow lateral mounting for long PSU

- Watercooling tray to allow easy tubing of rad, res, pump and fillport outside the case
    - Universal reservoir support on cooling tray
    - 2 adjustable pump supports (rail based with rubber pad)

- All black anodized aluminium 3mm frame
    - Lot of place to work inside the case

- built-in bulk head Quick Disconnect between main chamber and cooling chamber.
    - Short case (370mm depth)
    - Dual front door hinges to access HDD bays
    - Dual side door hinges to access cooling chamber
    - Fully removable front bay panel to access the main chamber.
    - Supports very long graphic cards (AMD 5970, AMD 6990, 3DFX Voodoo 6 6000 :naughty:, GeForce QUADRO, AMD FireGL, etc.)

And now the pics (keep in mind I have to model and render the top USB, jack and power button). Those are only SU 2D export as I'm not used to VRAY.

The case side by side with a 24" screen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (side vents to allow fresh and cool air to go through the rads)

The dual front door to access HDD bays / 5.25" bay

[​IMG]
    (10 HDDs on rail)

[​IMG]
    (5 HDDs and 2 optical drives)

Front bay panel removed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Side door to access cooling tray (with dust filter)

[​IMG]

The three trays

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (universal rail based pump mount)

Cable management : clips and panels[/B

[​IMG]

The BIG mess : all removable panels un-thumb-screwed

[​IMG]

17. ixmatal

ixmatal What's a Dremel?

Here is everything I have at this moment, Due to family issues I haven't had the time to complete all of the brackets, tubing, or wiring.

Photon::

The design is based around separating everything into two bays, one bay houses the mainboard and drives, the other housing the radiators, pumps, and power supplies. The aim was to allow full blown watercooling of any possible combination of PC hardware.

The style of the case grew from there, with a healthy dose of industrial computing design and some automotive flair.

- Everything - is removable. The case itself can be taken apart with just a screwdriver. This allows everything to be mounted outside of the case and then just placed in the case using only thumbscrews.

Overall dimensions:

26" (662mm) tall
    23.4" (594mm) wide
    16" (408mm) deep

Motherboards: FlexATX, microATX, mini-ATX, ATX, EATX, EEATX, WTX, Ultra ATX, XL-ATX, HPTX

Power Supplies: Up to 2 ATX2.2/3 or EPS12V (including Antec oversized "CP" Series) plus 1 Auxiliary 16v/24v DC PSU for Pumps/Fans/TEC's

Hard Drive: Up to 10 standard drives, 20 9mm (laptop/ssd) drives, re-configurable drive bay also allows for Dual bay accessories such as

reservoirs or touch screen fan controllers.

Optical Drive: Up to 2 externally accessible slim drive, 2 standard size drives in re-configurable drive bay

PCI card: Full Length

Radiator: Up to 1 Phobya Xtreme NOVA 1080, 2 Phobya Xtreme Quad 480, 2 Phobya G-Changer 480, 2 Phobya G-Changer 560, 2 Phobya Xtreme 200

Pumps: Up to 4 Phobya dc12-400, 4 Laing D5, 4 Eheim 1262-210

Reservoirs: Up to 12 Phobya Balancer 150, 4 Phobya Balancer 250

Miscellaneous: Additional mounting locations for add-on Water Cooling and/or Fan controllers such as the mcubed TBigNG, Koolance CTR-SPD10, or Alphacool HeatMaster. Most mounting locations also allow for use of vibration dampening and/or noise mitigating materials ranging from 1mm up to 30mm in thickness.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am trying to get the other pics exported and posted right now.......

18. ixmatal

ixmatal What's a Dremel?

Sketchup doesn't export pretty pictures, but here are two more of the front and back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. ĿªЪяεġø™

ĿªЪяεġø™ Rabbit Modder !

Phobya Purus

Phobya Purus

Description : Tower desktop case . Four pieces of metal for every special room : motherboard , psu + radiator , radiator and drives . Cutted for best cable and loop management . Simple and intuitive concept trying to be as practical as pretty .

Inspiration : I want to make a case that can fits almost everything and be as simple as it can be . Not quite happy with the result but it's what I have ;)

Specifications

Dimension :
    (L) 185,0 mm
    (H) 674,4 mm
    (D) 751,7 mm

Drive bay :
    5 drive bays plus special one for LCD + Fan controller
    4 HDD maximum

Cooling :
    3x 140mm radiator on the bottom
    4x 140mm radiator on the top

Top I/O Port :
    Up to 12 connections (USB , eSATA , FireWire , ...)

Power Supply :
    1x Extended ATX PSU

Motherboard :
    HTPX size maximum;

Cable Management :
    Holes on the motherboard tray and between rooms

Overview
    HDD cage overview
    HDD cage side
    HDD cage top

Case front
    Case back
    Case side
    Case top
    Case holes

Last minute ! :wallbash:

20. ixmatal

ixmatal What's a Dremel?

I have run out of time, so I will post any other renders that finish in the project logs like razer and robo have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.