1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Posting something big recommendations

Discussion in 'General' started by GeorgeStorm, 27 Jul 2020.

1. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Hi all,
    Looking to slim the herd a little and sell a dewar (or two) and was planning on making them collection only/could personally deliver for cost but thought I'd check postage services, and it seems I was correct the price can be pretty crazy due to the size/weight.

Any recommendations for carriers to look at? (potential package is bigger than 20kg, 55x55x70 which seems to be roughly the cut off for ParcelForce and the point at which UPS gets crazy).

If it is less than those dimensions it looks like it'll be around £30 which is doable, just wondered if there are other carriers I should have a look at.

Thanks

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Hermes Light and Large does up to 30kg, 2x1.8x1.8m with a maximum "length+girth" <fnarr-fnarr> of 4.2m. £29.99 including VAT, but insurance is extra.

3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I was in a similar situation a while ago. You mentioned that you've already considered delivering personally - that's what I did. The fuel cost was less than postage, I didn't have to wrap it up and I turned it into a weekend visit at the folks'.