1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews PowerColor Radeon RX 6700 XT Hellhound Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 24 Mar 2021.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. misterbuggerlugs

misterbuggerlugs What's a Dremel?

I've got to say, I was a little disappointed with the figures, I feel AMD have chucked this out knowing it'll sell regardless and they're not trying any more. If anything this is a mid-tier card, not a high end one, but all this pales into insignificance when you factor in the realisation that there isn't a cat in hells chance of owning one of these cards anyway. RRP is meaningless, and the ones that do hit stores will be 3 times the price, which is just stupid.

The way crypto is damaging the PC market now is very concerning. I honestly can't wait for America to ban them, so things in the PC world can return to normality and both Nvidia and ATI can do better. Only then can we can get hold of these cards to use them for what they are designed for.

loftie and MLyons like this.
  3. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

As far as a card goes it is very good. I agree with you about pricing but there's nothing the manufacturers can do about that.

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

What a bland looking card!

5. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I'll worry about new GPUs when availability actually happens. It's kind of sad that I'm now almost kicking myself for not buying a 3090 when they were going for only a 10% markup. They're now 100%+ markup, when you can even find one in stock here.

*looks at gamer-esque logo*

*looks at glowing blue fans*

:eyebrow:

6. Osgeld

Osgeld Minimodder

wow, thin cheap and blue, its like 2003 happened again ... can I get some spice girls with that

meanwhile in the 2010's onward long and thick is the thing, someone send a memo, my wireless mouse looks like it weighs more than that heatsink

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  7. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Exactly. Comapre it to any other GPU and it looks like a cheap Wish knockoff...

Paradigm Shifter likes this.
  8. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Yet it is still a 1kg cooler that is bigger than 2 slots and keeps the card much cooler than the 5700XT Red Devil...

I blame the "chrome" rings for making it look like a toy.

9. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

I thought it looked fairly unobtrusive, especially if the blue lights can be turned off. Perfectly fine for anyone who is not wanting to look at the insides of their computer.

Paradigm Shifter likes this.
  10. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I tried to picture this card in my rig..and I just couldn't. There was this blank space where a GPU should be..

adidan and MLyons like this.
Tags: Add Tags