1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Private email

Discussion in 'General' started by Bitemebad91, 29 Nov 2011.

1. Bitemebad91

Bitemebad91 What's a Dremel?

Okay lately I've been trying out a few new forums ( mostly Australian like OC Australia ) and the majority of them won't accept my email address because it's a hotmail address and it says I need a private email address ? Can anyone shed any light on how I would get a private email address thanks in advance, Jake

----------------------------
    Intel Core i7 930 @ 3.8ghz | GeForce gtx 460 @ 800mhz | 6 gig corsair xms3 tripplechannel ddr3 @ 1600mhz | raven rv01 case | watercooled 360 rad 40c load temps | gigabyte ga-x58-USB3 mobo | Logitech G510 gaming keyboard | Logitech G700 gaming mouse | Razer Goliathus Extended Control Edition mousepad

2. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

You should have been given one with your ISP, if not you should be able to create one easily enough. Or try a Gmail or yahoo account and see what happens.

3. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I think Gmail will work, certainly has for me!

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Doesn't private mean one that's server based rather than web based? If that's the case you have to count Gmail out as well.

5. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I've had similar trouble to that and the gmail account was refused had to use the one that the ISP gave me

6. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

This is typically what it means. Private addresses are usually limited or have some requirement to gain access, requiring them helps the forum cut down on spam accounts which typically use the free and easy to make addresses from Hotmail/Yahoo/Gmail/etc.

7. Bitemebad91

Bitemebad91 What's a Dremel?

Yeah i don't have an ISP email as it isn't under my name it's under my roommates an I just pay half /:

----------------------------
    Intel Core i7 930 @ 3.8ghz | GeForce gtx 460 @ 800mhz | 6 gig corsair xms3 tripplechannel ddr3 @ 1600mhz | raven rv01 case | watercooled 360 rad 40c load temps | gigabyte ga-x58-USB3 mobo | Logitech G510 gaming keyboard | Logitech G700 gaming mouse | Razer Goliathus Extended Control Edition mousepad

8. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

most isp's will supply 6 or more
    emails addresses when you sign up so create one that way

9. ICISAZEL

ICISAZEL What's a Dremel?

Issues With This

However if you move ISP's that address will be dead to you so you will have to go and change any and all accounts that are associated with this.

This can be a nightmare as you will always forget to do some. and once that old mailbox becomes unavailable the login reset function to some things tied to it may become dead to you.

Hence why i use my gmail for most things these days