1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays "Pro" 24-27" IPS sRGB Monitor, Only Cheap

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gareth Halfacree, 15 Aug 2019.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Had a query in with Philips for the type of backlight my current monitor uses - in case I need to use a correction file with the colorimeter - and while they answered the wrong question, I now know my current monitor is a TN panel rather than my misremembered VA. In other words: any IPS panel should be a reasonable upgrade in terms of colours and contrast.

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

3. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

If you do change your mind, I would have suggested trying NRG-IT as they do (did???) refurbished Dell monitors but their site and FB pages seem to have gone... Hope they haven't gone bust...

4. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Eeeek! I was on their site the other week, looking at stuff I couldn't afford yet. Their place is 5 mins from where I work on site a few days a week. I'll do a fly by and see what's going on there.
    It'd be a damn shame if the've gone

5. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

It really would. When I bought my U2713HM from them a few years ago their customer service was excellent - and the prices were good too

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Unless they're selling a £450 Alienware 240hz monitor for £250 Inc lol.

I've had great deals from Dell but usually on their gaming end.