1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development Programming and Encryption

Discussion in 'Software' started by mega me, 13 Mar 2008.

1. mega me

mega me What's a Dremel?

Hey everyone, again

well i've been interested i programing for quite a while but have never had the guts to actually try
    any, so has anyone got a tutorial thing for programming? in either java or c++

I would also like to learn about algorithms and encryption if someone could help
    it would be much appreciated

2. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Encryption is really much more of a maths thing than programming or CS. Just read some articles on wiki about RSA or AES or something.

3. ryanjleng

ryanjleng ...

Here is a link to Rijndael Encryption/Decryption (AES) method in C++. Code Project site has some nice codes to wrap your head around with.

There were a few candidates going for AES Standard a while back ago, one of them is Serpent, which i used in some personal quick-and-dirty VB programs.

In short, many implementations of encryption ideas freely available online. Codes and everything. The difference is in execution speed.

The best encryption implementations are those that have codes being openly expose to other people to take a look at. Weaknesses and flaws are flushed out. Take a look at open source project called TrueCrypt.

IHMO, get a basic foundation in C++ knowledge before diving into encryption.

A book that works for me on C++ was from WROX Ivor Horton's Beginning C++. He has another book on Java.

4. mega me

mega me What's a Dremel?

thanks guys

5. Zargon

Zargon Master of the Universe