1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project "aevitas" Sick and tired of waiting!@

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by aevitas, 5 Jun 2005.

1. aevitas

aevitas What's a Dremel?

Hello all, first of all I wanted to say that this is a very nice modding community here. I’ve been around for a while and have read/learned allot ever since. Now it’s time to start my own mod. Because this is my first mod, I hope you guys can give me comments + ideas + feedback on whatever I do. That way I can improve even more. :hip:

My project is called “aevitas” cause it’s a nickname I’ve been using for over 3 years. I'm inspired by ModSquad's BN, Defyant's projects and marcoboy's -Kirkas-. The rig will be one for all my needs, gaming / media / school etc. The specs:

AMD64 3700+ SanDiego (not ordered yet)
    Asus A8V-E Deluxe
    Sapphire Ati Radeon X850XT PCI-E (not ordered yet)
    36,7GB + 74GB Raptors HDD (74 not yet ordered)
    2GB Corsair Value Select PC3200 DDR400
    Audigy 2 ZS
    Logitech mx518 / Logitech UltraX Keyboard
    CDRW ??
    DVD-ROM ??
    Haven't decided on those 2 yet. I won't be buying a 3,5" simply cause I don't use it. :yawn:
    And all of this will be watercooled which I’ll be getting for free from a clanmate of mine :naughty: :naughty:

Here is the case I’ll be using:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It’s a Lian Li PCV2000. I got it for 179 euro (new) which is a really good deal if you ask me (some screws weren’t with the case). I was actually shocked by the size of the case when I first saw it (cause I have a small room lol)
    My idea is to get a black/greyish theme. With some dark blue highlights (like darkblue plexi and other stuff).

Here are some of the parts that I have so far:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don´t know if I´m going to use all of the parts but what the heck :rock:
    I have brought my PSU to the chroming guy and here is the result:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of my bearded dragons seemed to like all the shinyness :D. I haven’t polished it yet so it’s not at its full shinyness :).
    I don’t know if I am actually gonna use this PSU. I got it from the US for like 30$ so it won’t be a waste of money if I’m not going to use it. I am looking for a Ultra X-connect 500W Titanium, Blue or Black. Haven’t decided which color to get.

Since I am in the progress of receiving allot of money (especially in 4 weeks when my big paycheck arrives :naughty: ) I WILL update as much as possible but I’m also going on a conversation (is that what you call it?) for my 2nd job tomorrow. I also have a gas car which I race, my bearded dragons to keep and ofcourse work.

But I WILL update as much as possible :dremel: ,

till the next update :thumb: ,
    aevitas

Last edited: 3 Sep 2005
  2. waitandbleed

waitandbleed What's a Dremel?

Nice looking case. A lot of people seem to have the case that looks like an apple powermac. posers :hehe: Also nice lizard. What kind is it?

3. Draeth1

Draeth1 What's a Dremel?

This one should be interesting, I haven't seen a bad mod of this case ever.
    Nice equipment also. cha-ching!

4. djfrexx

djfrexx What's a Dremel?

nice chromé

5. (spc)kuhnkejer

(spc)kuhnkejer What's a Dremel?

hey i have 5 bearded drogons too. I like your case it seems to be one of the most modded cases on here. Anyways good luck and i hope this turns out a little different from the others. Dont let me down and good luck.

6. dubya01

dubya01 What's a Dremel?

Wow that bearded dragon looks cool. I've always wanted a reptile type pet... but parents :(. So i'm guessing you have a backup computer, otherwise you'd be out of AAO for awhile i guess heh :p.

So I'm guessing your going for a sleek, stylish theme, rather than a pimped out one?

Also i see 512MB x 4 sticks of RAM, meaning you'll run at 2T? I'm guessing your not OCing tho, with value select...

Are you just wcing your CPU? I spy with my little eye a Zalman VF700-CU.

Last edited: 6 Jun 2005
  7. aevitas

aevitas What's a Dremel?

Thnx for your quick replies :)

@waitandbleed: It's a bearded dragon.. I don't know the latin name for em.

@dubya01: I'm on my laptop atm which can run AAO smoothly but hey.. Im not THAT addicted :D I am looking for a sleek stylish theme indeed.

About the ram.. I have 2 gig now.. but one has cas 2.5 and one has cas 3.0 so I gotta get rid off one set. Which should I keep? The 3.0 right? I don't intend to OC indeed that's why I am using the value select.

The watercooling is going to come from denmark, a clanmate is making it for me and will take a while before he has it done. So I use the Zalman cooler just for the few weeks I have, till the WC arrives. Remember.. I get it for free.. patience is a good case here :dremel:

Till the next update :hehe:

8. dubya01

dubya01 What's a Dremel?

Oh does someone from ur clan have a CNC or have access to it? That's cool. Or is he just giving you old WBs?

I asked about AAO cuz TWL is (er was... now until 2.4.1) having invitational/intermediate/open leagues, and I think i saw infinite plague on intermediate europe. Plus v've been addicted to UA to quite some time now, but now my performance has been goign down the drain. From starting out as 4.0+ FR on ua constantly to now battling to get 2.0FR.... ANYWAYS

So what your saying is you currently have 4 GB of RAM in your hands right now? That's sexy and yummy. Keep the cas 2.5... obviously its better performance than the 3.0. Unless if the 3.0 is a lot less money, then IMO keep the lower cas. Lower cas will almost certainly always give you better performance, even if the increase is a small amount.

BTW... it's a sin to not overclock San Diegos/Venices/Winchesters....

Last edited: 6 Jun 2005
  9. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

I really like those fan grills! Where did you get em'? I like the case too. There is a lot of potential in that case. Looking forward to this project.

Subsrcibed!!!

10. BBurger

BBurger What's a Dremel?

Another big case! Cool!

Nice lizards - but aren't modders supposed to pose cats on their projects, not lizards? :D

11. WTF_Shelley

WTF_Shelley The picture is wheeljack

Nice Case, btw I love those freaky little lizards :naughty:

12. kLLr

kLLr What's a Dremel?

[Dutch mode]

Mooie kast, en ook mooie hagedis :p Ga je nog een beetje met neon aan de slag?

[/Dutch mode]

Nice case, nice lizard 2 btw. Are you going to do something with lightning in the case? :clap:

13. aevitas

aevitas What's a Dremel?

UPDATE 11-06-05

Sorry for the long wait on an update. I had allot of stuff to do. I got my processor in the mail today :naughty: :

AMD64 3700+ San Diego. :naughty: :clap:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also ordered a piece of 30cm x 40cm of this:

[​IMG]

to stealth my motherboard with. It’s the ventilation stuff for my cage of my bearded dragons. I think I’ll have it on Tuesday. I am going to start on the sidepanel tomorrow. Just need some more plexi.

I only need to order my 2nd HDD and my videocard. I will be able to order my vid card in 2 weeks hopefully :thumb:

Next update will be a little bigger.. till then :D :dremel:

-aevi

14. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

How does that mesh compare to the mesh the front of the case is made out of?

15. Rufus-Seal

Rufus-Seal Guest

Nice hardware and case:D And the lizzard is also a beautifull animal. But why don't you make a lizzard-theme of your case? That would be HOT! But , how does the window look like? And wich color ccfl's are you gonna use?

16. ralph.pickering

ralph.pickering What's a Dremel?

Where did you get the mesh if you don't mind me asking? I've also just bought a Lian Li, and I'm wanting to build a matching external water cooler / pump housing.

17. bixie_62

bixie_62 Minimodder

this looks like a pretty damn good mod!! look forward to updates!

18. aevitas

aevitas What's a Dremel?

SMALL UPDATE 12-06-05

@ GigantoR: I don’t know if they match exactly.. it seems so.. I am waiting for the call from the shop where I ordered it.. it’s a reptile shop where I buy my crickets (bought my case for my dragons there too).

@ Rufus-Seal.. I’m planning on lighting my name in the sidepanel.. the idea of the panel will follow in a sec

@ Ralph.pickering: Look @ GigantoR’s answer..

So..

I was thinking of a design for the side of my case. I am thinking of keeping one side totally blank. And the side where you can see all the hardware, I had this idea in my mind:

[​IMG]

The white paper is clear plexi.. I still have to get it.. but I don’t know where :waah: I have to search some more.. I want to make the sidepanel this week. Also the 2 rings you see on there.. I don’t know if should place the 2nd there on the white part. Any1 of you have any other ideas? I want to etch my name in there and light it up a little.. or I’m gonna search for some colored plexi and make them letters outta that.. btw the font won’t stay like that ;)

[​IMG]

Close-up of the ring.. I am going to attach it on the sidepanel with bolts that came with the ring. The rings do have a bit of a stand-off so I have to see how I’m going to make that plexi circle cause I can’t put the plexi in the ring.

[​IMG]

And one more.. Should I keep it like this or move the ring/name somewhere else? Any help is appreciated :p

Cya soon :dremel:

19. dubya01

dubya01 What's a Dremel?

Wait are you going be using that exact font to cut out the name? If so.. then i would suggest some different fonts lol. I also really think names in front are really cool. I.E. The name is cut out of alum, or w/e, and placed behind a dark/reflective plexi.. Then the name would be illuminated, and show up really nicely behind the plexi. Sorta like dell PDA sync-cradles, if you ever have seen them. When the word "Dell" lights on, it looks like its really deep in, and its pretty sleak.

And is this side the one showing hte hardware or other way? I would assume the side showing the hardware.

20. waitandbleed

waitandbleed What's a Dremel?

Sounds interesting... I'm not quite sure if I get it. Maybe I didn't read through carefully enough. Would you be able to get a picture of it off and on? Thanks.