1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project "Beanie's Vapo-Li" Window Pics - 26 September 04

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by MrBean, 5 Jul 2004.

1. Artagra

Artagra What's a Dremel?

Nice Bean - very good temp's :D

Looking forward to seeing your WC system up and running.

One suggestion - maybe remove your 3.5 inch bay? If it can be done easily, and you annodize afterwards, it should help your goal of being 'uber' clean :D

Artagra

2. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Maybe sort out why you can't view the pics...they are all hosted by www.photobucket.com. I don't particularly like this type of sarcasm. Just so you know. :idea: It is, however, nice to receive feedback and positive critisism, that I can deal with....and appreciate. :thumb:

Carbon,you also posted this in another Project Log, so obviously you have a problem with either your system or your isp.
    -----------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------
    That is my plan, Artagra, and maybe mount a 5" LCD there, problem is where to get them locally......you have an idea? Would appreciate it. :)

Then I would have to redo a lot of wiring for my Chillcontrol which is mounted onto the 3.5" rack as well..... :waah:

Last edited: 9 Jul 2004
  3. Artagra

Artagra What's a Dremel?

Brilliant minds think alike :p

Absolutely no idea where to get LCD's locally. I think the only option is to mod one of the PSOne 'mobile' LCDS - trouble they are still a rip in South Africa - maybe to get some shipped in, or get someone to pick one up in the UK / Europe. If you went for one, I'm sure I could organise at least 2 more orders to go with.

Artagra

4. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

You're a sweet-talker there..... :D

Anyway, I might be ending up in Finland soon for some Project related work again, then maybe I can have a look over at Heathrow at Dixon's or wherever.....otherwise, I will get something imported...bleghhh...so much trouble.....

5. Artagra

Artagra What's a Dremel?

Lol

Yeah, importing is a pain. I've got contacts in the states which make it *slightly* easier, but the hard part is always customs et al.

Artagra

6. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

PM me your cell/Tel no on our other Local Forum, and I'll keep in touch with you.

Thanx for your feedback.....

7. ModKid

ModKid What's a Dremel?

Dude ;) im going to the dark"speed"side as well, selling my vapo :naughty: it has the new hold down thus it's more interesting for peeps to get it cuz it's cheap, has a new hold down and it has 404a in it.

Anyway i love your mod man, i mean normally i would have said pre mod, but you make one hell of a job of the wiring and that requires some skills too. I love it and i can't wait to see the whole end result.

8. Xiachunyi

Xiachunyi What's a Dremel?

This is probably the most immaculate case I've seen in my life.

Great job on the project. :thumb:

9. FourDee

FourDee What's a Dremel?

Good going :baby:
    Looks very clean.
    (btw : modkid i pm'd you about yur vapochill)

10. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Hehe....are you also going to get a VapoLS? Quite neat systems, little noisier than the PE/XE series, but they cool really well....I think you will be happy with it....

I am quite happy with mine, not any problems, had it for about 2 months....

Thanx for the praise, but there is still quite a lot to do. At least the cabling is complete, and didn't come out to badly......now I need to plan a window mod, wich would look ok.....any ideas?

Talk to you guys soon.

11. ErictheHank

ErictheHank What's a Dremel?

Just how loud are VapoChills. I have always been interested in them but I don't am interested in getting rid of some of the noise in my computer room, not add more to it.

12. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Well, the VapoPE/XE's are very quiet, not much more noise than watercooling!

The LS is a little more noisier, but not much, you only really hear the 2X 120mm Sunon fans when set to max speed. If you run them aroun 65-70%, system again is only a little louder than a watercooled rig.Compressors are quiet, especially the small VSD (variable speed drive) ones on the PE/XE series.

If you are a vicious o/clocker, get the LS, otherwise the PE/XE series is very competent in dealing with most situations.

Hope this helps a little? :)

13. ErictheHank

Actually it does. I had been planning on building a watercooling rig sometime soon but I might just go ahead and do a vapochill instead.

14. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Why not both? Vapo on the cpu and water on the GFX and Northbridge? Then you have the best of both worlds... :D get the standalone VapoXE, and a decent Lian-Li PC70 box, and you could make a really decent setup....you could always use the Vapo Case as well, but some guys don't like them.

I actually love my VapoPE case, and will do a very neat mod with it soon....

Or are you planning to get the LS?

15. ErictheHank

Actually it does. I had been planning on building a watercooling rig sometime soon but I might just go ahead and do a vapochill instead.

16. Blood

Blood What's a Dremel?

Superbly Outstanding !

17. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Wow a double post sandwich lol. Expensive solution there... water and phase change (not that I'd say no).

Great setup. I love the cleanness and that hard drive solution. You with all of those unused SATA ports... unfair *wishes for a free max3* I use 3 all on an addin card which seems to slow things down a bit but my board only has two and I need the third and it would kill my RAID to move it *sigh*

I'd swear that mobo tray looks short but maybe it's because the back panel isn't on. Or my PC6077 has a longer tray.. (just checked, nope, just more crowded).

More pics!!

18. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Ok, an update.....I had to search for a small pump, +/1 1000lph, and around 1.5m head.....don't need more to cool only the GFX card....

Found this pump, quite cheap, which is a clone of the Hydor series, which Asetek uses for their kits....this is the Heto-brand.

[​IMG]

Would have loved to use an Eheim1046/1048 pump, but very expensive where I stay.....I have an Eheim 1060, but way to big for this application.....

Here is a rear-view with specs....

[​IMG]

And here is a view with front stripped off....

[​IMG]

a Small modofication is needed.....these pumps mostly always leak past the O-ring, which is supposed to be a tight fit with the pump-housing....on these ceaper pumps, the housings are machined to large, so when the frontcover goes on, the fit between the inlet/housing is quite loose, so it may leak.

I just add a bead of silicone around the circumference of the inlet, covering the O-ring, then re-assemble and leave it in the sun for a few hours....this way, I am assured of no leaks.

Once the silicone has dried, I will test the pump, and make sure I have no leaks.

Will keep you posted.

19. ModKid

ModKid What's a Dremel?

no WC cooling for the chipset? pity.

20. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Hi ModKit,
    When I used this setup exclusively for benching, I got myself 2X Microcool Northpoles, and I did not really trust the loops on the mobo to secure the Northbridge HSF, so I used Arctic Alumina to glue it on....so, it is there more or less permanently.

But, I have a spare new Max3 Mobo, and may just decide to dump that in the box, and watercool the Northie. Will still decide, but someone else wants to buy that spare mobo, so....

Otherwise, I have a 2nd PC, my wifes gaming rig, in which I have a P4C800 Deluxe, so maybe I can swap out those 2 boards.....The gaming rig is watercooled, and I have enough waterblocks anyway.....

Mmm...what to do....agreed the watercooling would look more catching.....let's see...thanx for the feedback. :)

ps: Howz your plans for getting the VapoLS coming along?

Last edited: 11 Jul 2004