1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

www.wizarddesigns.co.uk / www.wizd.co.uk for "proper" aqua-computer ones.

2. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

I got the Innovatek model from
    http://www.highspeedpc.com

As far as which reservoir came out first or which is better, Aqua-Computer or Innovatek I have no idea. My H20 stuff is all Innovatek, I am happy with there stuff. I did order a Aqua-Computer FULL METAL JACKET for my Eheim 1046 pump.
    MS

3. Halgy3000

Halgy3000 Minimodder

This looks sweeeeeeeet.

4. modsquad

I have been trying to do some Innovatek/Aqua-Computer research since mrplow's (our school-teacher) "plain copy""proper" comment.I do not speak the language (both websites_all German).But, both company's started about the same time. Aqua-Computer 2001. Innovatek 1999. Check out this picture__
    [​IMG]
    That looks to be the same HD cooler other than the (6) bolt manufactures aluminum panel.
    Could they be sister company's? I do not know what distribution for either company is like in the UK, but in the US it's very limited (one Aqua-Computer and one Innovatek FULL LINE each). This is interesting stuff. By the way, the two company's water blocks for CPU/Video are "completely different" from each other..
    MS

Last edited: 4 Jul 2004
  5. modsquad

Small update

I made up my Drive bay area cover from the diamond-plate aluminum. My idea is to hide all the holes/slots in that section of the case.
    [​IMG]

The unit will be held in place with thumbscrews and rubber washers behind the panel to allow clearance for the mounting screws from the DVD drive and LCD dispaly and a black rubber surround. The idea will work (very well I think), but not the diamond-plate. The pattern is too large and not to scale for this app. (anyone need some diamond-plate).
    [​IMG]

I am going to try mirror acrylic or plain brushed aluminum next. I did order another set of mounting brackets for my Innovatek 120mm radiator and a CoolingWorks CoolShroud. This looks to be a tricky install in this case (but that is the fun of it). I should be working the the radiator soon.
    [​IMG]

6. SMOVE

SMOVE What's a Dremel?

Well, perhaps you don't belive me, but it's always innovatek who copies the aqua-computer products. Fass-O-Matic is only a copy of the Aquatube, which was build first by Aqua computer.
    It's the same with the HDD cooler, aqua-computer builds it first, it is well sold and then innovatek copies it...

7. modsquad

OK?? But what did you think of the diamond-plate panel idea?

8. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

DIAMOND PLATE BAD!

Step... away... from the diamond plate. :hehe:

Perhaps a sheet of black perspex, or black sheet metal... or some aluminium plate?

"Innovatek" (how apt they should be called that) also do a rather natty its-not-a-reserator-honest fanless jobby ;)

9. StonieX

StonieX What's a Dremel?

let´s have a try with brushed or polished aluminium, would be nice ;)

black anodized aluminium would be awesome, same look like the case itself :thumb:

btw. that case is really nice :naughty:

10. modsquad

Man, I am American. What the hell is " also do a rather natty its-not-a-reserator-honest fanless jobby"... I was under the impression we all spoke the same language. Before you slam Innovatek, show me some release dates for the two products. Man, who care's who came out with a cool Reservoir first (header tank, I think you guy's call it). The main thing is getting one, wouldn't you say..

11. StonieX

StonieX What's a Dremel?

who care´s which company came out first with a product, most important is that it looks hot :cooldude:

I have two aquatubes in my yeong yang cube and I won´t miss them :rock:

12. Johnny™

Johnny™ What's a Dremel?

Nice job so far. I have the same case in aluminium, and i love it! some images (and my opinion for what its worth!)

i love that reservoir!

I'm going to go with this new offering from Wet and Chilly Chips :
    [​IMG]

purely for the looks and the extra cooling performance! I'm mounting it up top like you. I have all the bits but haven't had the time, you've given me the motivation to get hacking! :thumb:

Couple of questions! where are you mounting you're HDDs? (btw love the HDD cooler as well!)
    Is that a VFD or LCD? i may have missed this but which watercooling system are you going with? full innovatek or a separates?

are you putting in a side window? the sides are so thick it would take a week to do it with a dremel!?

Last edited: 6 Jul 2004
  13. modsquad

Before I answer your questions, I would like to ask one. What are the dimensions of that unit?? It looks BIG.

BlackJack's HD's (2-for SATA RAID-0) will be mounted in the 5.25 mounting bay area.
    I am using a Martix Orbital MX 533 (four-line display). GOOD STUFF, You should get yourself one.
    God-Bless the Aqua-Computer lovers, but all (full) Innovatek.

Honestly, AC stuff is hard to get in SH5. I did order a Full-Metal-Jacket for my Eheim 1046 Pump. I had to send a M/O to http://snt-systems.com/catalog/index.php?manufactures_id=
    They only do paypal and there Security Certificate is messed-up. I emailed Mr. Pug at http://www.wizarddesigns.co.uk/ about five days ago about the same unit and he never got back to me, so he is not interested in my plight.
    A H20 computer needs an window to watch for leaks, so yes. I am not sure as to shape, but yes.
    Good Luck.
    MS

Last edited: 8 Jul 2004
  14. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I really like that res and how you mounted it. I'd get one myself but $75 is just too much for a piece of metal with a piece of acrylic on one side.

Ick, thunderstorm outside, I'll comment more later, gtg!!

15. modsquad

Most of the time you get what you paid for, dude.
    MS

16. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Wizd is a one man show and Pugs been caught up in personal stuff at the moment. I know he likes to give his full attention to all enquiries so i'm positive he will respond to you. :)

This a great looking project btw i'm jealous of your shiny new case ;)

17. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

Keep the pics coming ModSquad, I'd like to see how different your V1000 comes out from my Fury project.

18. daba

daba What's a Dremel?

Looking good! I have a V1000B too but it's staying exactly how it is! I love the professional look.

I am anticipating something good from all this! :)

19. Carbon

Carbon Banned

i was really looking forward to reading this, then i saw that the pics dont work :waah:

20. modsquad

I am using http://www.photobucket.com/ for the pictures. Over the last two days they seem to be having some sort of server problem (I guess). Pictures are loading now. If not try hitting Refresh, that was working for me yesterday.
    Sorry
    MS