1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. IYIENACE

IYIENACE What's a Dremel?

The amount of time & money you are throwing into that PC is blowing my mind.
    But damn it looks good.

2. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

More time than money. Well quite a bit of cash also. Thanks.. glad you like it..

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

"quite a bit of cash"
    lol
    you've gone through like 6 CPU blocks and four LCD/VFD displays... not to mention the CPU and GPU and of course ungodly amount of watercooling and modding supplies.

But the result is SO worth it.

4. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

:idea: One of those Cuplex XT blocks with a clear plexi top modified slightly to add a red glow via an LED would be awesome.

BTW, I lack the artistic abilities to do something like this, but you ever thought of adding red paint into the Aqua Computer name and logo that they mill or etch onto some of their metal parts?

5. Firehed

I think with all the red, you'd hardly notice the logo if he did that. It would need a white spotlight anyways I think. If it's still etched, it'll kinda reflect the red in a different way so it'll still be visible whereas detail paint like that wouldn't reflect much if at all. Still, good idea.

If you wanna spare me an XT and a clear top, I'll drill the hole and find out :D *cough**cough**hint**hint*

6. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

Actually there is someone else in this forum that is going to be doing that I think in a green theme. I arranged for him to get one of my clear XT tops. Since his XT is coming next week you guys will probably "see" it soon :hehe:

7. Firehed

Meh, I still want you to send me a free XT :D

Prolly not gunna happen though. Oh well.

8. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

What is your hit count at 1sweet PC?

BTW, I was thinking instead of red paint how about using that fiery red enamel they use in making cloisonne?

9. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

Amen Brother! :thumb:

10. modsquad

Please no more new hardware! :wallbash: Honestly I like the Cuplex Evo..Wait, How about a one-off silver Cuplex Evo!! The copper version has a weight of 420Grams thats about 13.5Troy (0.93lbs)..I need to geta hold of the Shark for a price quote. What does a pound of silver sell for? (kidding).....
    As for the red painted AC logo. It's a good idea. In fact Aqua-Computer does just that with there black aluminum front screens.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 19 Sep 2008
  11. Guest-6374

Guest-6374 Guest

modsquad, I've been reading through this entire project the past few days, and I am incredibly impressed. I'm beginning a new project and have been trying to find info on compression fittings; how do I know if the fittings I'm getting will be the correct size for the tube, or vice-versa? The site I'm ordering from has 8mm ID/10mm OD tubes, but the compression fittings give an 8mm OD, which sounds too small. Am I missing something?

12. modsquad

Small Update

Very little time today and I won't have any time at all tomorrow (real world stuff)..I did mess with reservoir lighting. I found a white LED to be much brighter than red.
    [​IMG]
    Once the side panel is back on it will look red.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sorry Guys, but that is it for this week..
    Going to spend a few hours playing with Samurize. If anyone has a good Config (package file) let me know..

13. Firehed

I'll send you my Samurize if you want it. Pretty strictly stats but a lot of info. I sent a screenie to your email.

The white LED is better definately. Really lights things up better. I need to pick one up myself... the "UV" LED I have is just plain purple, almost no UV at all and my water color is pretty cool.

14. Stussi

Stussi What's a Dremel?

You wont get the Cuplex Evo in Silver... it would cost much more because the need almost 900g of Copper to build this cooler...

I've got a Cuplex Pro Silver (120€ => ~160$ i think.... ) and 3 Twinplex Silver Coolers. Much money but it looks great ;)

BTT: Nice case, looks great :)

15. Bluefan

Bluefan test 123

One thing that stands out of the rest: The PCB color of teh mobo. Maybe the A8N SLI would look better, it has a black PCB. The light-brown color is out of the theme.

16. Rh1n0x

Rh1n0x What's a Dremel?

yeah, the DFI Motherboard LAN Party NF4 SLI-DR has a black PCB, and with some adjustements getting rid of the UV colors and make them dark-red.

But hey, I think it's too much work to reroute stuff just for a new motherboard??

17. Firehed

And the aforementioned bit about he has an AGP 6800U, not a PCIE card.

I'm almost positive when you're looking thru the red window it wouldn't be that noticible.

18. vapb400

vapb400 What's a Dremel?

how could you do that? I'm really interested for myself.

19. modsquad

We have been down this road before. With a few red LED's the MB will look quite red. The lighting controlled by one switch will have two 5mm LED's focusing there light on the motherboard (the switch will also control the LED in the reservoir). The second switch will illuminate the side panel's laser etch with more red LED's. It is difficult to show you a picture of how it will look, but..
    [​IMG]

20. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

OT

Thought you guys might like to see what left by truck to the Munich airport today. More Sharka stock on its way to the good ole USA! The box on the far right is filled with Cuplex XT P4's and the A64's are piled up on top of all the Twinplex's and Aquatube's (blue, titan, and black) on the left. I think their main page has a more detailed list of what is coming in, but I think I see a pile of Aquadrives too. When they took this pic the fittings were already packed up and out in the warehouse. In case you keep up on this stuff you might notice that the old packing table was too small and they had to find a bigger one! :jawdrop: