1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROJECT: Green Dragon | major delay | Updated 10/2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Acid Burn, 12 May 2004.

?

Should I Insert an engraved window in my front door?

Poll closed 7 Jun 2004.
  1. Yes! Yes! Yes!

27 vote(s)
    61.4%
  2. No... just bondo the door smooth

17 vote(s)
    38.6%
  1. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

Painted floppy, and modding priests

today i have masked and painted my floppy, some inverters, and the sides of the top panel.

sorry for the blury pic. i had to take it with my web cam, because my parents have brought the camera with them to turkey.

as you might be able to see, i had to mask off the holes in the floppy. and the masking tape is still on.
    [​IMG]

I was in Rome from monday to thursday, and in the largest church in the world, the saint Peter church, i saw something cool. The priests or maybe even the pope himself has modded the speakers in the church, so they will be camuflaged against the marble walls. :D
    I take this as a sign... I think they are trying to tell us that the meaning of life is to mod stuff around us :dremel:
    [​IMG]

mod on, peace out :thumb:

2. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

First off, looks like u did a good job on painting the floppy and ccfl inverters.

Booooo, Bose Speakers. While its possisible I bet the church had a painter do that. In alot of the houses we work on, they allways have people paint the speakers. Makes it harder for us because if we screw one up we are screwed.

"No Highs, No lows, must be bose"

3. Gizmo

Gizmo What's a Dremel?

I hope you never get it finishd (sounds pretty mean but here is the reason). Because then I will never be borred in my life :D

4. Gizmo

Gizmo What's a Dremel?

Bye the way, what did you use the engreve The Dragon? Searched the forum but couldn't find it, if I missed it :duh: sorry for the mistake.

5. Acid Burn

i used a engraving bit and my dremel. I have translated a engraving faq, if you are interested. it is very basic, but it helped me when i was wondering how to approach it.

ok here it is

6. Gizmo

Gizmo What's a Dremel?

That forum is really helpfull, TNX :thumb: . And about what dremmel to buy. My dad once bought a (cheap) dremmel, it was from "Top Craft". It has 2 engriving bits and almost all the frosting parts and that flexibel arm. All thogether it costed only 35 euro. My grandpa has a original dremmel, he bought the Top Craft because the flexible arm for a real dremmel was more expensive then the whole Top craft dremmel with all the parts. Bought it at the ALDI. :hip:

7. Isuo

Isuo What's a Dremel?

Niiice... :clap:
    btw; where do you order your stuff from?

8. 731|\|37

731|\|37 ESD Engineer in Training

G33k on a budget :sigh: otherwise i would (you wana buy it for me?) its on my christmas list :D

of course this would facilitate a processor upgrade to keep it running reasonable, thus a MOBO update because il need to graduate from the P2 line into celerons, and il need more RAM...

so il stick with what iv got now :blah:

9. Gizmo

Gizmo What's a Dremel?

Please Acid give us a update :brrr:

10. Acid Burn

hehe ok

11. Acid Burn

Plexi installed

yesterday i installed the plexi in the top window. it came out nicely, but the clear laquer had apparently nit hardened enough, so i got some gray marks on it. it isn't very noticeable, but i don't like it. maybe I'll mask off the area surounding them and paint them one more time. last time i tried to mask off an area and paint it with clear laquer, the glue on the edges of the masking tape got stuck in the laquer, and left ugly mark, which i had so just wet sand and paing over one more time.

I also soldered the leds together and taped them to the top panel to check if they worked... they didn't... i might have destroyed them when i soldered, because if the heat. luckily, Leeum and autoexec gave me some support, telling me everyone makes mistakes sometimes (allthough i have had quite a few).

well enough chit chat, on with the picture.

[​IMG]
    sorry about the bad quality of the picture. had to use my web cam and it's hard to take pictures of plexi, and the case is quite glossy ;)

12. Acid Burn

YEY!! i fiex the lights in the top!! it looks sooo weet i tell you! too bad i don't have a camera thet can capture the real green color... and that i only have a web cam now cus it really done no justice at all!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

I just got in from football and thought i would have a look on here, found your project log (don't know how i haven't found it before now) and read through all 692 posts. Im now so so soooo tired im off to bed.

Got to say though your case rocks :rock: :rock:

I should really get mine sorted but im to lazy.

14. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

looking good :dremel: nice work acid burn :hip:

15. Acid Burn

FrozenCPU is good after all!

earlier today my dad called frozencpu to ask them how he should send the LEDs. but then the (amazingly nice) guy in the other end, told him that they are going to send me 25 ( which is the amount of ALL the led's i had ordered!!!) new green LEDs without any cost! I just hope i get the right green :D

thanks guys :) I'm still amazed when poeple take the time to read throug hmy entire log! :D

cheers

16. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Holy crap... Ive missed out on this one for THIS LONG!? Nice window etchings, Acid :)

17. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

I'm still here! Looking good, you can't be that far away from putting stuff in by now? (I don't have any patience so I'd have been trying to use it as is). I'm still stunned by your etching, the designs are great.
    Nice to hear FrozenCPU are playing nice, perhaps someone pointed out the bad press they were getting over here? ;)

18. Isuo

Isuo What's a Dremel?

God jobb med tårn Stian. Beholde den 'up'...
    Jeg få møte deg 'somewhere'. Pm mig(?) 'if' hvor du bo nær Brussels.

I know, it isn't grammatically right, but hope you understood something...

And about the FrozenCPU thing, good to know that they can actually be trusted, cause I tought about ordering from them...

19. Acid Burn

Jagged door sanded

yey! i've finally finished sanding the jagged edge door. at first i used muscle strenght and sand paper, but it took for ever since the paint had hardened. so i had to use something else.:worried: then i used a sanding machine, but would still take about a year to finish it.. then i tried to use a steal brush bit on my dremel, it worked great!! but the bits wore down too quick, so it would have cost me a fortune... :dremel: then i tried a bit for my drill with lots of strips of sand paper hanging from it . i quickly found out that this was the method to use, but after 15 minutes, i understood i needed more power :D so i went down to the basement and picked up my dads hammer dril l :D now i don't know if you have ever used one of these, but it sounds like the spinning barrel of a gattling gun!! (after you have stopped fireing, that is). it took me about halt an hour with that beast of a tool. :thumb:

and here it is.. ready for priming.
    [​IMG]

phuzz: I hope i can install the parts soon :) but i have decided to buy a new psu (one of these)
    it's perfect because it has thecorrect colors, and is 500w. oh and yeah it will definately look better than the psu i'm using now.
    Frozencpu is all out... so I was wondering if any of you guys have seen a web shop in europe that sells it.. please give me a link if you have :thumb:

isou: I understoo what you said :D but you can't buy from frozencpu.. i'm pretty sure they don't sell to anyone outside the US ans Canada... the reason I can buy from them is that i buy them through one of my american friends. (since he is an american soldier stationed in another country, the US will send it..).

cheers

20. Isuo

Isuo What's a Dremel?

About frozen; crap, cause I really tought about ordering from them...
    And about the door or whatever it'll be: The edges look Nice, with a capital N.

And then some _offtopic_: good that you understood it, cause it took me over 5 minutes to use the internet dictionary and my poor sweden to create norwegian... And anyways I read from your homesite(nice site btw, altough didn't understand actually anything), that you live in Mons, and I think that Mons is not close to Brussels. So there goes te idea of finding you...