1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks PS4 slow download help

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Leesy1, 7 Oct 2016.

1. Leesy1

Leesy1 What's a Dremel?

Hey all, this is a post I should of written a couple of years back. I just hardly use my PS4. On sitting down to play uncharted 4 today and seeing a 4.5GB patch that was enough.

I'm maxing out 1-2.5MB/sec download on patches (hence wouldn't dream of Dloading a game). I also used the built in PS4 connection tester. It returned 9.6Gb/sec.......

I'm on Virgin Media 100Mb connection. That connection goes into the Superhub router which is next to my PC upstairs. The PC is ethernet connected and normally uses the max download speed (12.5ishMB/sec). Plus Speedtest.net shows the correct speeds.

My PS4 is in the lounge downstairs and positioned directly below the Router. It can not be more than 5ish metres away with a ceiling inbetween. I know wireless is not amazing but it cannot be this bad. I have used our Tablet down the other end of the lounge and that manages 3-5MB/sec which is fair enough considering the distance and ceiling. I just do not understand why the PS4 is so bloody slow.

I would guess etherneting would be a solution?, I will probably do that when Project Scorpio turns up. For now though it is Wireless. I have looked in the PS4 networking section and cannot see anything wrong. Surely the PS4 networking hardware is not the issue?, ie not good?.

If anyone knows why I am getting such low speeds it would be great to hear from you.

Lee