1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ray tracing support found in EA's Battlefield V

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 20 Aug 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Intron

Intron What's a Dremel?

Woah this sounds amazing. What strikes me is that this is the Frostbite 3 engine that came in with Battlefield 4. This engine is certainly proving amenable to upgrades. But also going forwards the Frostbite engine appears to be taking a more central role in the EA tool box with everything from NFS to Fifa running on it so makes sense it should be future proof.... Could Anthem take full advantage of it?

3. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Convinced? Not too hard I guess, when you throw money at the developers. I'd like to know just how much its cost Nvidia.

MLyons likes this.
  4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

The_Crapman and MLyons like this.
  5. Intron

Intron What's a Dremel?

They announced their partnership back in May with Dice and EA, part of that announcement they stated that
    So this kinda hinted we would see something like this. It has to be a partnership as they have been helping to optimize a game and to have a AAA title showcase the technology has to be worth something. but then i have no idea how relationships like this work out.

6. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I wonder how big a deviation Frostbite 3 was from 1 and 2. I don't remember BF3 being that different from BF4 - ignoring map events like taking down the tower etc. I wonder if Frostbite 3 to what Frostbite will be in BF5 is as big a change as Frostbite 1/2 -> Frostbite 3, and as such have the just stopped changing the name, or is the difference just not worthy of a name change.

Oh, the guys making the new Metro have mentioned ray tracing too AFAIK.

7. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Brown envelope stuffed with cash

Intron and The_Crapman like this.
  8. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Hey, it worked for CUDA. Kicked off the massive HPC GPGPU advance that is the foundation of today's multi-layer SLNN (Deep Learning) boom.

Tags: Add Tags