1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Razer Blade Stealth and Core Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 10 Nov 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Over the last three years or so, I've become more fascinated by mobile technology and it's good to see boundaries being pushed. A system like this piques my interest as the Stealth would be fine to handle my work, but I'd like to be able to link it up to use as a VR system back at home.

One thing I would like to see is trying different GPUS in the Core. After all, if a 1060 ends up delivering the same performance as a 1080, those considering such a system will know not to waste money on a more expensive GPU!

3. megamale

megamale Minimodder

I second the comments on using a less powerful GPU. Definitely a lot power is being wasted with the 1080.

That said, £500 (or even £400) is way too much. I am sure we can all build a whole mini-itx pc(minus GPU) for less than that. It won't be as portable, but then this is meant to be used as a docking station and not move from the desk.

4. pre

pre Minimodder

I loved the idea when I heard about this but at £500 for the core I wonder how long before other vendors bring in copies.

5. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

£500 is silly, silly money. Shame, as having a nice laptop for out and about and being able to dock it with a proper GPU for games is an appealing idea, but you'd be as well to just buy a laptop and a separate desktop at this sort of price.

Tags: Add Tags