1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Razer Mamba Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 51lver, 18 Jun 2010.

1. 51lver

51lver Forever Hungry

Just had the mouse just over 6 months now. Sqeaking scroll button, could sort of live with that.

Then the laser died! RMA it got a new one.

Just unpack it now it not charging. Did a bit research on the mamba Apparently it has quite alot of problem with it.

I am worried once the warranty finish in oct I am left with dead mouse! Or do I get new warranty with the RMA?

For mouse that cost £££ it not very well built!

2. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

Hm. A lot of people complain about Razer's products dying on them, or being poorly built, but I have had no issues with my Lycosa or Lachesis yet.

Razer's QC seems a little... sketchy.

3. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

I would guess you'll get a new warranty on the replacement as it is a different physical item. In some countries companies just extend the warranty I think.

The squeak is a pain, but easily fixed. Mine started squeaking after about 2 months. This video details the fix. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PstjxLJX9rc

Even if your new mamba's laser works perfectly, some mice just wanna squeak so have the video ready :D

4. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

5. 51lver

51lver Forever Hungry

Thanks guys

Not impress with the mouse at the moment. I mean mouse is great when it working.

But build quailty!!! On £100 mouse.

6. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

51lver and Silver51.

Just made my brain go "Abuh?"

But yes, Razer seem to have a troubled past with build quality. It's a shame, because I love their products. I have the Lachesis for a mouse (perfect for long, thin fingers under a claw/finger grip) and a Lycosa Mirror (Nothing special, I have to say, but comfortable to type on, lights up okay and looks pretty good. Live macros are cool, too.) as well as a Razer Vespula mat. I do like this mat, though. The wrist rest is comfortable, and the Control side is perfect for me.

:D