1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete Rebellion casemod

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by fiscalmodding, 22 Sep 2017.

1. fiscalmodding

fiscalmodding What's a Dremel?

Index
    1.Introduction
    2.Products
    3.Design
    4. Sponsors
    5. Painting
    6. Plexiglass cuttings
    7. Assembling the modding parts
    8. Hardware and watercooling assembling
    9.Final

Introduction
    In this modding project I will use the Cooler Master Maker 5 chassis, which I will paint in a dark grey and purple tone. The main material I will use to make the project is plexiglass and in this mod the simplicity and the harmony between the structure of the original chassis and the modifications will predominate. For cooling the hardware I have chosen a custom watercooling solution with rigid tubes and I will include BHcustoms sleeving. The design is inspired by one of the mechas that appear in the Japanese anime Evangelion, the “EVA-01”, and the name “Rebellion” comes from the weapon of a videogame, Devil May Cry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Design

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. fiscalmodding

Painting

For the painting I have used montana 94 and the predominant colors for this modding are dark gray and a purple that enhances the mod.
    I have sanded the box with sandpaper 1000 grit so the paint gets attached to the case, afterwards I have also used a special lacquer to obtain a brighter result because montana 94 gamma is matte.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plexiglass cuttings
    For the plexiglass cuts I have used several tools like some types of limes, the dremel and sandpaper because the plexiglass is a fragile material to work. I have lined the plexiglass with masking tape to paint the sketch, make a cleaner cut and try to avoid burrs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. fiscalmodding

Hardware and watercooling assembling

For the assembly I have used ekwb petg tubes because they are more resistant and manageable than acrylic, also I have updated the graphic card to an asus strix 1080ti with the respective block of ekwb and the backplate.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Final

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. ying

ying What's a Dremel?

WOW! Good job samu! I am also a fan of evangelion :D
    It is not common to see these combination of colors but they combine really good!

5. fiscalmodding

Thank you, I know it's not common but i really like Evangelion and Devil May Cry so I had to make something with that combination, I'm glad you like it :D