1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Recommendations For A Mouse ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Itchy Rim, 6 Jan 2012.

1. Sexton

Sexton Minimodder

Another mouse thread? G400/G500/Sidewinder X8.

2. Raptor77

Raptor77 What's a Dremel?

Yeah, that sounds like the guy I got mine from: expired listing now, 4 left, Buy It Now price of £24.49, and an option for Best Offer. Good luck, but it's probably quite likely they're gone if he unlisted them.

I'd probably take a risk on that neutral feedback guy but it's up to you. Otherwise they're selling for a bit more at other places. This one is £29 posted and apparently includes a spare set of the teflon mouse feet. Might want to read the listing properly to check though, I only skimmed it. I have no idea if the feet wear out, I've only had my mouse a few days.

He's after a neutral shape suitable for a leftie.

3. Sexton

Sexton Minimodder

I know, hence I suggested those :p

4. Itchy Rim

Itchy Rim Minimodder

Are those all ambidextrous mice. that G500 looks like a right handed mouse to me with that thumb ledge on the left had side ?

5. zairs

zairs What's a Dremel?

ive got the X8, its a great mouse but its a right handed one

6. Itchy Rim

Itchy Rim Minimodder

Yeah, if I was not a "leftie" I would be spoilt for choice. I think the razer abyssus is the one as it is truly ambidextrous and got no jazzed up buttons that I dont need. Just a question of where to get one from now.

Thx for all your help, most appreciated.

Itchy

7. lava

lava Minimodder

8. Itchy Rim

Itchy Rim Minimodder

Bought the one for £23 delivered from eBay, it should be here in a few days so I will provide some feedback then.

9. Raptor77

Raptor77 What's a Dremel?

Hope you like it :)

I'm not sure if you like the glowing logo on it or not, but I've got rid of mine now and it is pretty easy to do. You have to peel off the largest of the teflon feet to expose a screw. Peel carefully because you'll need to put the foot back on later, a knife would probably be best but I used a really thin screwdriver. Then undo the screw and the top half of the mouse casing can slide back and off. The LED for the logo can then be unplugged from the circuit board. It's probably worth saying that the circuit board is not screwed down so if you displace it then you'll have to fiddle around getting the DPI and polling rate switches back in correctly, but it's not that bad. Last step is putting it back together. Getting the case back on is a little fiddly. Screw it back together and stick the foot back on.