1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Rome 2 expansion announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 3 Dec 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

TW:R2 was, till now, the biggest disappointment of the year.
    To add to the many technical problems, the near perfect UI from the previous TW was changed to a lousy unintuitive one, control points were added to open battles, automatic naval transport is available to all armies, research tree is messy, family tree is confused, the way armies and generals are upgraded makes no sense, etc.
    The only worthy upgrade seems to be the multi-cities region control.

Even Empire TW, which was buggy as hell, had a soul that this does not have.

I was a TW fan and bought all previous TW games. This Rome 2 will make me stay away from any first day TW purchase in the future.

3. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

Finally, a chance to re-create Asterix battles on the grand scale they deserve!

4. towelie

towelie How do I Internet!!

Totally agree Impar Loved the TW series and was really looking forward to R2 but what a disappointment haven't even played it that much as the UI is iffy, Game is buggy even in the campaign Still cannot play the Proglue Chapter 3 due to bugs.....so disappointing :(

5. Panos

Panos Minimodder

The Bad.
    TW Rome 2 is great game if you have high end PC.
    They broke CF support with Patch 5 never had SLI support.

The Good
    However, as game is great, and upgrading from FX8350@5Ghz with 2 7950@1100/1550 to 4820K@4.9Ghz with a single PNY GTX780 XLR8 OC did made HUGE difference. Fps are stable between 75-80+ with everything on Ultra at 1080p, turns are processing really fast, and the actual game feels "proper".

Surprisingly with 2 7950s I wasn't able to get more than 70fps (when there was CF support) with everything on High-Ultra and the game was "lagging" a lot, not only on battles but on campaign also. Seems was down to the FX having poor core performance., because even my laptop i5 felt better on Rome 2, than the heavily overclocked FX.

6. demastes

demastes What's a Dremel?

have they fixed the main game yet?

I love total war games, but this one has disappointed from the very start.

7. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Not really. Even if the game gets perfect technical wise it would still lack a soul.
    Empire was full of technical issues but the atmosphere of the period was there as was the gameplay, this one is just a product. If it would have not been marketed as a TW game it wouldnt have got so much attention. FUBAR.

Tags: Add Tags