1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rounded Floppy Cable

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pigcow, 30 Dec 2003.

1. pigcow

pigcow What's a Dremel?

Hi all. I recently purchased some round floppy cables for my pc. before i installed them i was using anormal flat one, with the end connector, not the middle one. since getting the round cable, i wanted to use the middle connector and chop off the top of the cable. i tried this but it wouldnt work. the floppy drive was undetected. does anyone know if i have to change something like slave/master/primary etc or that kinda stuff, or does anyone know the problem. Thx

2. Kermet

Kermet [custom title]

First off, you sure it is the right way up? If it is not detected and (sometimes) the light is on this can be the problem. If not then you may have chopped of the part of the cable where a portion of the cable is swapped over (just look at the normal flat cable)...

3. pigcow

pigcow What's a Dremel?

i am 100% sure it is the correct way up, and no i didnt cut it off like that^^

Edit : Ok i realise what hgappened. on a normal flat floppy, the first connector is just straight down the wires BUT the second connector down (one at the end) has 7 wires sorta swapped over, so the wires arent parallel with each other. Is there any way to tell the computer that i want to have it running without the flipped over connector, and just with the normal "parrallel" connector, the first connector. hope that was understood lol, thx

Last edited: 31 Dec 2003