1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding SB Audigy Black Face replacement

Discussion in 'Modding' started by banished, 11 Jun 2002.

1. banished

banished Necromodder

2. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

sweet... nice find banished... I may get one now... $20? I guess it is worth it to have all the original text on there... lets face it, that's what we're really paying for...

3. banished

banished Necromodder

Yeah, I thought about painting my platinum live drive when I had it, but didn't want to loose the original text then. Since I have the external audigy now, it's already black, but I'll probably paint the casing (sides/top) silver.

4. synctec

synctec What's a Dremel?

thats cool, is there any web that I can change my drives to black. so that i dun need to dye it:D

5. eddie_dane

if you mean cd-rom drives, yeah... www.directron.com carries some black bezels for a lot of major brands. I dyed my drives anyway since I wanted the drawer inside to be black as well..

6. synctec

synctec What's a Dremel?

Don't mind showing me a pic of it. Because I intend to dye my cdrom too. but scare mess up.

7. banished

banished Necromodder

If you mess up, you can sand off the paint and try again. But, its best to have a trial piece first.

8. eddie_dane

Like banished said, or take it in steps. Do the bezel first and if it goes ok go for the inside as well...

I had to do several test pieces before I was confident to go at my CDRW-DVD combo drive.