1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bits Seasonic's Engineering and Factory Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 20 Jun 2009.

1. dicobalt

dicobalt What's a Dremel?

No it was not a silencer it was a Turbo Cool.

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ahh fair enough :)

3. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

Hmmm, would there ever be a possibility to talk about the work conditions in the factories?

I suppose companies would make an effort to present it well to you so it'd be difficult to get an accurate idea of the conditions...

4. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

The only hair I've ever seen is coarse.

Groan

thehippoz likes this.
  5. dicobalt

dicobalt What's a Dremel?

I paid about $150 for it i believe. I was introduced to the brand by a engineer who used to make his own MCI/VL/PCI cards. He told me to never ever use anything else way back then in 1995. I should have listened to him lol.

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I regret not buying a HX-620, but the Antec True Power Trio 550w, is still decent for my uses..

BTW is that a Seasonic built one?

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's like most other reputable ones to be honest - they are migrant workers that stay in dorms right next door. They are educated to do the job they do and they even get a party or something every so often I was told.

You can't really judge it by Western standards, it's a whole different kettle of fish when the level of education is so low and the country of a billion and a half is dealing with 5-10 percent unemployment.

Sir Digby likes this.
  8. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

Fair enough, I've just read a truly horrific report on conditions in a Chinese keyboard factory that put 'decent manufacture conditions' on my priorities when buying a product.

9. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Having the M12 500W in my PC since Feb 2007 I've never had any hiccups or anything. Next PSU will be Seasonic again I guess.

The article was a very interesting read as well. :thumb:
    I'd rep++ you Bindi, but you don't really need it, do you? :p

10. kiwik

kiwik What's a Dremel?

The Trio Truepower series, Truepower New and Earthwatts are made by Seasonic.

11. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

it's the usual asian stuff.. the boss (bolo) walks in and steals shangs wife on the line.. shang finds out and chases him around with a knife.. this kind of stuff happens all the time- it's way different than western culture.. what we consider bad conditions doesn't even apply- you would go insane over there :D

12. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ah sweat shops at work but seriously some of those female works look pretty cute

13. shuffle

shuffle What's a Dremel?

Really enjoyed this article, briiliant pictures.. very interesting to know whos producing the components for my PC.
    thanks bit-tech

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

^_^ no problem! Glad you enjoyed.

15. thehippoz

yeah pbs ran a similar walkthrough of gigabytes factory back in 2006.. was really interesting shuffle.. you might like it- it was called How Motherboards Are Made: A Gigabyte Factory Tour

dunno if they have the video hosted somewhere.. found it documented on google

and I heard on the weekends the girls dress up as video game characters and dance at conventions :D j/k but they live in dorms like a seasonic

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

17. thehippoz

you guys have the best jobs bindi.. *envy :cooldude:

Guest-16 likes this.
  18. wiak

wiak What's a Dremel?

19. knutjb

knutjb What's a Dremel?

I had a friend who built a lot of computers for his business and always used Seasonic PS. So I tried S12s in several builds and nothing I have done phased them, they just keep running quietly. I always look inside all the stuff I buy and check the parts and assembly quality and have never seen a problem with Seasonic, a few others I have used were a little lacking, but now, I just use Seasonic.

20. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

It would be, if the workers do not complain about low payments and accept a hard stool to sit on all day ;)

Tags: Add Tags