1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Back to eve for a bit lately, found the daily wow garrison grind a bit meh so taking a break.

Not doing anything too exciting. Just mission running in empire.

2. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Path of Exile

The 'Awakening' update brought me back. Loving the update so far, it brought a few nice changes to the game and a few really nice uniques. The biggest change though is the new Lockstep mode: The troubling desync issues that caused disconnects and reconnects to the server during gameplay usually leaving you dead are gone now.

Make no mistake, Diablo III is far superior in many aspects: Technically solid, less lag, better graphics. But I find it boring, almost unbearingly so. You are just so limited in your playstyle, every char feels similar.

Path of Exile offers way more freedom. Every class can use every skill given the attribute requirements are met. A few items can change the way you play, sometimes fundamentaly so.

I'd recommend everyone that likes ARPGs to give the game a (second) try, it's free after all.

3. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles

Booted up some Gamecube and started playing this old gem. Quite possibly one of my favourite final fantasy games, ever. Real time battles, loads of items and you have to make your own equipment from things dropped from enemies. The plot is very hidden, you have to piece together a lot of it for yourself, and most of the best stuff in the game are secrets you have to find.

4. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I've recently bought a Ps4 and so far have like Destiny, Watch Dogs, Final Fantasy, Invoker, War Thunder, The last of us (remastered), Elder Scrolls online, Realm Reborn, Mortal Kombat, UFC, The Witcher, and nothing has held any real interest.

Destiny could of been so good! pretty annoyed the pvp felt like going back to golden eye on the 64 and running around with the golden gun, classes were completely horrible, customization was horrible and the ship aspect should of been a million times better.

I guess i'm just after the same feeling and experience wow gave me 9 years ago, i guess it's never going to happen.

Hopeful for Star Citizen though, Battlefront could of been something else but instead it just seems like it's going to be another battlefield game in which the fun will properly last for about 2 days until it just feels like another Planetside.

Just ignore me folks, I'm just moaning and whining over something we cannot have. I'm starting to think the experience i had with wow was related with what was going on in my life at the time and my young age which just intensified the experience.

5. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

Shadow Warrior, only played for few minutes but i liked it, helps that i was on a 90% off on steam :D

6. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Just finished Everybody's gone to Rapture on the PS4.

Absolutely loved it. Graphics (specifically the art style) and sound are simply stunning.

Framerate was a little off in places and it was really making the PS4 work (never heard the fan so much before).

7. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

This game looks amazing. Such a shame it's not coming to PC.

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Magnetic: Cage Closed. A puzzler with cubes and a magnetic gun.

Styx: Master of Shadows. Not my usual fare as it is really total stealth as he can only kill effectively if he sneaks up on his victims.

9. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Just Started Shadow of Mordor on the X1. enjoying it so far.

10. Darkwisdom

I have a PS4 and got destiny with it seeing the reviews and people seeing advertisements. I was wildly disappointed. I completed most of it, but it feels so grindy. Like WoW or some MMORPG, it's just a constant grind to get that +1 weapon that is minisculy better than what you had previously.

The story and plot ends pretty quickly and the rest isn't enough to keep me playing. Replay value is extremely important to me in rating a game. If I feel as though I find it fun enough to play through it multiple times, it's a great game. This didn't keep me going.

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

ground zeroes in prep for MGS5

12. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I've been playing a fair bit of Trine and Diablo 3 on the PS4 lately.
    Waiting patiently for MGS Phantom Pain and Fifa 16 to be released next month.

On the PC, I'm still pretty much locked into EVE Online.
    Been contemplating doing a quick run through Fallout 3 to get myself into the mood for the next instalment.

13. Darkwisdom

Got witcher 3 for PC. I loved the game on the PS4, but even with my pretty crappy computer now, it runs better than a ps4, and looks better too.

So why get it again? Mods! And the experience is more fun and immersive on the PC.

14. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Been playing Trove recently, when it's up I find it very enjoyable. It's a simple voxel based MMO adventure game but uses the F2P model. Now many would have problems here as there certainly is an element of pay to win here, they also milk the pricing for some extras like more invent space or chest space.

That said, I haven't felt the need to pay for anything yet. There are ways to get nearly everything without paying and the things you can only buy are for the most part cosmetic. What I do like is the emphasis on community. The game itself requires a sort of team work, although not to the level of some titles thanks to the simpler mechanics, but it does give you a reason to want to join clubs (guilds basically) or start one up. They also have a hefty building element, which I enjoy too as it breaks up the combat grind.

So why do I like it so much? It's pretty casual. You can get to grips with it pretty fast, but there's still a decent amount of depth. It's the sort of game that I can sit down with and play for a short while, then leave to do something else and come back another day. I don't feel punished for not playing 247, which is nice for a change. When you're busy, it's pleasant to be able to sit down and not have your guts ripped out because you actually have other things you need to do.

Now if only they could work on their server stability.

15. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

slowly playing Realm Reborn, trying to get back into a MMO, miss the days of UO, just picked up final fantasy type 0, keep getting the pc versions of these games as they come out, i've got arkham knight installed but yet to play it.. and witcher 3 i am about 40 hours in and at a point i've burnt myself out with the game...

Looking forward to Fallout 4, keep debating if i go play a heavily modded version of Fallout 3.

16. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Just bought Zombi which I believe is a port of the ZombieU on a console, which one escapes me at the moment. As I am currently lying in a hospital bed actually playing the game will need to wait.

17. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Lol! I've sold my ps4 and bought a computer again... lasted about 2 weeks with a console xD

Game's I'm currently playing...
    Heroes of the storm
    Final Fantasy type-0 HD
    Planetary Annihilation TITANS
    Elite Dangerous but i just find it rather boring

Bought 30 days game time on wow with in game currency... but meh

Going to reinstall mass effect 3 and give that a play though, and perhaps dragon age...

currently downloading world of warships :p

18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

A bit too much Fallout Shelter.

On Pc, of course, because I'm not buying a tablet again. Yay emulators.

19. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

I've got a few games done and was looking for something to throw myself into. I picked up Mass Effect 3 the other day but as I'd got rid of all my saves, I'm starting at ME1 again, despite the combat feeling horrible!

20. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

keep playing Ark, that game is not bad, but my god it requires some power to run.. And i am hunting for my dawn of war games, i've got them somewhere got the mood to play the modded version of soul storm.