1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

since i finally just built a new gaming rig, i am catching up on 4-ish years of games the old one was not up to ... oh, and gtaV with proper graphics finally. that green blur is grass now!

2. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Most recent Deus Ex and Dishonored 2 were both excellent.
    Struggling for anything at the mi.

3. atc95

atc95 I have the upgrade bug!

I just picked up Steep in the Ubisoft publisher sale on steam last weekend. I have already put 12 hours into it and really enjoying it, there are some bugs but the whole relaxed, do what you want on the mountain style of the game I am a big fan of. It is also a bit more challenging than previous winter sport games like ssx and isn't as forgiving when it comes to freestyle and dodging trees. There is also a first person (sponsored by GoPro) view mode for every sport so I think this game might be a good laugh on vr if there are new headsets coming out at vr world congress next week.

4. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Horizon Zero Dawn

I bought two console games in the space of a month, who knew!

This game is fantastic. It's extremely pretty for a PS4 game, like pretty mindblowing in places. The distance you can view is pretty far, and the textures all look really nice for a console title. Even zooming into textures with a bow, I could easily believe they were 2K textures.

The gameplay is very similar in function to Tomb Raider, like nearly exactly the same. That isn't a bad thing however, it translates extremely well to an Open World game. You can call it a Tomb Raider crossover with Far Cry. The world and skill set is very reminiscent of Far Cry's design, but it's much deeper in a way. It's always 30fps, I couldn't find anywhere it dips yet - for a game like this that is really impressive. It's worth mentioning it makes the console scream like crazy, the fans are at 100% all of the time, which can be a little distracting when you're getting drawn into a cutscene and it switches to gameplay and the console starts whirring.

The design is my favourite part, it has this primal, tribal feel to start with, then you see machines. There's a found machine aesthetic which is nice. Then you go into 'Cauldrons', not to spoil anything, they're like massive dungeons. There are some big ol' bosses, and for someone who likes their games hard, I had to drop the difficulty down to hard instead of Very Hard, because it's really difficult in places. The rewards feel worth it for beating a dungeon or a particularly hard quest objective though.

I could've gotten this or NieR: Automata but I'm very pleased with my choice. The world is enormous and although people claim it's about 50-60 hours, the whole world is so large I could see it taking at least twice that or even more to complete everything.

5. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Picked up Mafia 3 for cheap on a Humble deal... been enjoying it for the most part, although the cars handle appallingly and the camera drives me crazy.

I'm not far in and it's quite repetitive. Not a good sign.

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Bought Dead Rising 4 for £13 so even if it is rubbish at least it will be cheap rubbish.

7. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

Just started on GTA V again. God, I've missed that game :rock:

8. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Currently playing DOOM (2016) and loving it. I dont know why but it's just delivered beautifully. Everything just works!

9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I never did finish it. Mostly because I changed out some hard drives and needed to download it again, then saw the size.

I must get around to that, was a great game. Only thing I didn't like was the map system and getting lost and running around the same place for over an hour. I've always been crap at that..

10. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Eve Valkyrie

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Dead Rising 4. What an utter disappointment after the thoroughly enjoyable DR3. The developers seem to have regressed as everything about this game is bad. Poor graphics, poor menu, poor combat ETC ETC. Till I can afford something else I will plod on with it though.

12. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Carmageddon: Max Damage
    The reboot takes a lot of flak, but I've had nothing but fun with it. People say there's no real gameplay to it, but I disagree. There certainly is a lot of sheer, unadulterated madness, but due to that there is also a lot of skill, and even strategy involved. Pure old school sandbox fun.

Last edited: 16 Apr 2017
  13. rma

rma Minimodder

Oh god. Tried that at a mates on Saturday... 5m into training it was pukesville for me!

No other game I tried did that.

14. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Rebel Galaxy.

Had it on GOG, Humble got me a Steam key. Now replaying it on Steam.

Forgotten how much fun it was, despite raging at the camera at times.

15. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Just started Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 and visually it is stunning and I think better than Ghost Recon: Wildlands but what is it that we need loads of collectables? I spent a fair bit of time in two areas which were marked as places of interest to find nothing, though something is there as the message Point of Interest Cleared pops up if you find it. i find having tiny items to find in a game frustrating. My last game Dead Rising 4 had hundreds and just to make it doubly annoying you would come across locked doors in the the area where you missed something, wtf?

16. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Been playing some Grim Dawn.

It's a dark, gothic, steampunkish RPG. Everything is bleak and dire, like most ARPGs. It's fun and everything is funny voiced. There's a lot of ways to build your character, many avenues to go.

17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Assassins Creed: Syndicate

I.. I like it. Mostly. I feel like the little details are nice, the architecture feels very British, the way that Jacob always announces himself first, then Evie, feels fairly 'with the times'.

What bugs me more than anything, though, is the money. I may not be an economics professor, but I'm damn sure ten thousand pounds in 1819 is Baron Von Richen**** level. The fact that they went to all the work to make the world feel like 1819 and then decided to use modern volumes of currency is.. Frustrating. I can forgive the pounds only, all that old world money is confusing as **** to a modern audience (and me), but why not just knock a 0 off everything. That'd be slightly more believable, and I wouldn't be wondering why I couldn't just -buy- London instead of fighting for it.

18. creative

creative 500rwhp

Finished farcry primal and loaded in Thehunter: Call of the wild.

Its ok for what it is. Easy to lose a couple of hours doing, well, nothing!

19. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak

I know its a bit old, but bought the special edition and want to play it.
    Just started it, looks like it will be interesting RTS. Straight away you can feel amazing climate/atmosphere, it pulls you in, great soundtrack, nice graphics.
    I hope it will feel like this to the very end.

20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

^It's not old - it only came out last year!

The game is pretty conistent, so if you like it at the start, you'll have fun all the way through. The last mission suddenly ramps up the difficulty by 11, but by that point, you should have a nice force to counter.

And congrats on your 6,000th post!