1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Syndicate Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 17 Nov 2011.

1. Xir

Xir Modder

Well the Multiplayer part sounds good.
    Shame I don't do multiplayer though.:D

Post a link :D

2. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

I've not played the original, but when I heard the name a lottery syndicate came to mind, lol.

3. GiantStickMan

GiantStickMan What's a Dremel?

I must be one of the few looking forward to this. I'm yet to play a game by Starbreeze i didn't like so i will reserve judgement until i play it.

4. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

I'm with Adnoctum on this - very divided in opinion.

The original Syndicate was played many a time through the night by me and a friend in various states of intoxication, research left going while we were in the pub as it was real time, come back a few hours later and carry on with new toys. Even when things went totally pear shaped we'd keep going owing to the sheer amount of time invested in that iteration of the game. Even finishing it was a delight as we got to start again and try a different route.

Syndicate Wars was more shiny, had some of the same feel but was something of a let down after the purely epic game that was Syndicate. The original had a stark sense of brutality topped off by the harsh reality that only the bottom line mattered, the corporate world had been let off the leash (Not so much "Cry "Havoc", and let slip the dogs of war" as "Send in the accountants". Same end result, much, much more ruthless and impersonal implementation). Syndicate Wars almost felt somewhat pedestrian after that.

The reboot (at first glance) looks like it has some worth but I'll consider it as a completely different game that just happens to share the same name rather than a return to some of the glory days of gaming. The co-op aspect appeals but so far it looks like a budget buy rather than a release day pre-order.

5. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

can't wait to see Warcraft turned into a crappy FPS and pimped for the consoles. This console gen has been so full of mediocre games that it's almost the worst gen EVER.

And why can't you ass clowns ever review/preview the PC version? Consolers do not visit this sight.

6. ////\oo/\\\\

////\oo/\\\\ Minimodder

When will Syndicate, or even Syndicate Wars make it onto Good Old Games?...

7. chinky

chinky What's a Dremel?

I was in madly love with Syndicate till 8 months back... but now it's not the same!!!! Syndicate the game

8. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

:rolleyes: :sigh: 'course we do.

9. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

I was willing to think positive and give this game a chance - until I saw a recent multiplayer video...

Tags: Add Tags