1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The airsoft thread!

Discussion in 'General' started by crazyg1zm0, 30 Oct 2008.

1. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

I use 0.25s in both my pistol and rifle. Am considering moving to 0.28s in rifle tho.

2. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

i may have just pulled the trigger ( yes i know...ill get my coat ) on a brand new Mauri clone P90

3. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

4. lilgoth89

well that game sucked,

i was on my way back to the 'safe zone' holding my gun up high as i was out of the game,
    a guy jumps out and from 10 meters sprays me, i scramble to protect my face and my goggles came off ( with him STILL shooting ) he then blasted a lens out of my glasses that i cant find

and now i have a migraine
    apparently he has told the staff i didnt have any face protection on

5. Stotherd-001

Stotherd-001 Minimodder

My king arms P90 jams with the stock high cap, its a terrible design for a mag- and the winder is between the mag and gun body - get a pack of mid caps, hasn't jammed since I got them

6. Xlog

Xlog Minimodder

This sucks, my advise would be to get a better eye protection, if lense can be shot out with an aeg - those glasses/googles are useless. Also, these type of situations are the reason why here "dead" players are marked with red high visability jacket.

Or if you want to use highcaps (you shouldn't) - get a stanag (m4/m16) mag adaptor.

Couple weeks back I attended weekend long non-stop stalker themed airsoft/larp event (total BBs fired - ~20, total hours slept - 6, distance walked - ~20km, fun level - extreme). Too bad such events are few and far between :(.

7. lilgoth89

well the problem is i have to wear my prescription glasses under my goggles, and what happend might have been his shot to the vents give it enough of an impact to slide them forward as i spun the opposite way so the saftey goggles were off and all i had was my prescription glasses to protect my eyes

just shows point blank spray and prey is a VERY bad idea

8. lilgoth89

well a few hours of backyard testing with a mannequin show what happend

in testing we found that 1 / 10 times firing at 8 o clock position at the side vents will remove them from the face of the wearer

moreover, if that person is wearing (prescription) glasses, they act as a rail and allow them to slide forward much easier. 4 / 10 times we managed to remove them this way

tests were done in backyard conditions 10 meter range 320fps .25bbs on a mannequin

when we increased the power of the gun up to 380fps ( same .25bbs ) we found that 6 / 10 times you could remove the goggles from the face if the user is wearing glasses

even when we turned the test down ( 280fps with .2) we still managed to remove them by our second shot twice out of 10 times

sites response has been to permanently ban me without appeal

''1) 380fps on a 0.25? most sites wont allow this anyway,
    2) 320fps on a 0.25 this will be right on the limit for most sites!

3) who the hell uses these builders goggle when airsofting!
    if you need glasses, ether get ballistic proof ones, or contacts!''

from the site about my results

my response back has been
    ) people do chrono on heavier BB's to attempt to get past the chronograph ( also we didnt have a sniper rifle on hand to test )
    2) still possible at below the limit
    3) i wore those when at the site, and so those are what we tested
    4) ballistic proof lens's are expensive and not everyone can wear contacts

9. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

What googles were you wearing?

As for your response, I'd hope that people weren't using heavier BBs to get past the chrono and/or the site were taking steps to prevent it. 320fps on a 0.25 is above the limit for full auto AEG at nearly all sites, not by much but still over the limit. And the one thing you don't scrimp on is eye protection. Get your wallet out and pay for decent eye protection.

10. lilgoth89

i was using a set of these
    [​IMG]

site were fine for me to wear them as they are BST rated

the site i used to play at 350fps with .2 is the limit, but the guy that came openly admitted he ( and many others ) chrono on .3's at 320~ then play with .25's ( giving overall power of about 360-380 with the .25s). Also snipers are allowed up to 450fps ( +/- 10% ) on .2's but again people jump the chrono

the site take no action to check what people chrono on, ( personally id give people .2bbs to load when they chrono )

11. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Well the first thing I'd do is never play at that site again. And secondly I'd go buy some decent eye protection, preferably something which has full seal and held onto your head by an elasticated band.

12. lilgoth89

already had, the only problem is they hadnt arrived when the incident happend

as for finding another site, there are not many local sites i can get to ( i dont drive )
    bassets pole is run by a bunch of douchebags ( lira's words not mine ) and stormforce seem much the same

so now im sitting on near £500 of airsoft gear and nowhere to play :waah:

13. lilgoth89

'you were banned from the site for removal of your goggles. End Of Story, Enough with the useless tests. i know my stuff and your goggles are not rated at all.' - Marshall

my goggles are acually ''B'' Rated that ( when i started paintballing, worked very well in combination with my bmx helmet )

''your ban will not be lifted even if you continue your testing, its pointless and kinda sad'' - another marshall

''there is a witness that saw you remove your goggles while giving the player the middle finger, so your ban aint getting lifted'' - player that wants to be a Marshall

Apparently i have 4 arms, one to hold my gun, one with the magazine, one to flip the guy off and the last to take off my goggles

and the flame war that erupted on the West Midlands Airsoft Group was fantastic

''im glad your Laboritory came up with these results - idiot'' - site shop owner

''is this still going on?, yawn, tape and head bands? Just buy a ****ing pair of googles that are ment for bloody airsoft you ******'' - other site shop owner

and so they have one witness claiming i took them off, i have 3 that say i was wearing them

Genius site.

anyone know of any decent midlands airsoft sites ? most games seem to be on sundays but i cant get to places that early as im limited to train times ( unless someone is nice enough to let me spend a night on their sofa )

also we tried a sniper rifle to play with and we shattered a BB through the vent
    [​IMG]

14. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Hey guys, I went to an airlift event when I was in my teens and really enjoyed it. I'd love to give it another go again, but being by myself in a new town I don't know where to start. Anyone around Leicester, or in general know where to start?

Cheers.

15. lilgoth89

http://www.airsoftmap.co.uk/

there is a good place to start, it has a list of ( most ) airsoft sites in the UK, just find one thats close to you, and then get yourself in touch with the site and get yourself a rental

Pieface likes this.
  16. Auxilliary

Auxilliary Crashes into space stations

There is one in lutterworth called Skirmish airsoft, pretty good place, friendly staff.

if I remember right £40 for the day, which gets you;
    gun hire (G36c's)
    camo overalls
    and 2000 BB's which is enough to the last the day.

If I remember right as well its 7:30 start till dusk

17. JamesRC

JamesRC Minimodder

I used to be really into airsoft, then the power limits changed and it got much more expensive... but that was some ~8 years ago.

Can anyone recommend any sites in Surrey? The Ambush sites look OK but the next open games in Aldershot are £35 game fee plus hire... that's pricey!

18. lilgoth89

friendly necro

James the site i posted above has a good map of most of the UK sites :)

any one from Manchester area still play ? ill be up at First and only in bolton on Saturday and wondered if there are any friendly faces to see ( down the sights of my M4 anyway )

19. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Well that is tempting, I know one of the guys who runs F&O and have not been for a while, and would give me a reason to get my M4 out.

I might just pop along if i can

20. lilgoth89

^^ well let me know man