1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming The Best Games of 2016

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 28 Dec 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

I do so want to buy Titanfall 2 but a campaign length of just 5hrs is somewhat measly IMO & the disappointing sales means that even the multiplayer servers will (probably) be a deserted wasteland in just a few short months.

I feel sorry for the Developers TBH, it's a catch 22 situation for them, not helped by EA's moronic decision to release it the same week as Battlefield 1.

3. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

I tried to like Overwatch, but I just can't. Every one of my friends plays the game obsessively, I started at the same time on release day and every single match I just ended up looking forward to it finishing so I could tab out.

I think it's just one of those games that I hate every single thing about bar the art, similar to MOBAs really. On the bright side it's easy to follow so actually makes a half decent eSport. Games like LoL are all but incomprehensible to somebody who doesn't play the game.

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Not been a great year for games really. My faves have been ME:C Doom and Mafia III but they were all good, not superb.

Hoping 2017 brings what I want. The Fractured Butt Whole for one, and Dead Island 2 for second. I will be a very happy boy when I am playing those two :)

The first South Park took me totally by surprise and was my GOTY easily.

5. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Couldn't agree more, really looking forward to what the next installment brings.

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i really dont get the love for titanfall 2, it hints at greatness but instead hides a lackluster core under a very noisy and directionless game.

only things on my radar atm is Nier Automata

7. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

What?

It's been a terrific year for games really. The good ones just weren't your cup of tea.

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

New Doom was fantastic, it respected its origins while simultaneously pushed the envelope. I squee'd with old school delight when I opened the automap and saw something that wasn't a linear ****ing corridor.

9. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Get it on sale.

I don't think it will suffer the same cliff edge fall as Titanfall 1. For one thing the future maps and content will be free, so it won't start splitting up the playlists and demanding another £35 for nine extra maps like the first did.

Second it is a better game in almost every regard, although the AI mobs need tweaking a bit. Word of mouth will help Titanfall 2 over time.

10. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

£19.99 for CIAB in Argos. Picked it up yesterday.

11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I'm a bit surprised Quantum Break didn't make the list, but that is the author's perogative!

Mind you, the asinine decision to originally try and make it a Windows Store exclusive must've influenced matters.

12. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

If the latter is true (and it is) then the former, at least for me, cannot be true either :D

13. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

It's not just you, it does nothing for me at all. I played every time it had a free weekend (and the betas), but meh... I feel like it tells you that you're doing great when you're not way too often. Which is probably why so many people who are awful at it think they're super-hardcore-MLG-420-xXx :rolleyes: (LawBreakers was the polar opposite for me, every killstreak felt like I achieved something!)

I have ended up buying it, though. It's on offer again, so I gave in. I figure I don't hate it and it's not going to die out anytime soon like all the other multiplayers I actually enjoy (damn you Battleborn, you are such a good game with such awful marketing :waah: ). It also means I might understand the memes all my friends post in Discord, as absolutely everyone plays it.

Would've liked to have seen Stardew Valley on the list. I'm considering buying it again on console just because I want to support it as much as I can. Cannot wait for the co-op update!

2017 is going to start off strong for me, Pit People is out in Early Access on the 13th :rock:

14. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

Hex, I agree now about Stardew Valley, but I only just played it for the first time on December 23rd. My god, what a game.

15. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

Any other year I would have put it in there but this year has been super competitive.

16. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Every time I play it, it's just... One guy. ONE GUY. How?! It's a masterpiece. One of my friends refuses to install it until the co-op update arrives. I don't know how he can do that! I haven't put anywhere near as much time into it as I should or could, mainly as this year has been crazy for games and in-game events! Hopefully, when I finally get some time off work in the new year I can play some more. It's such a happy way to waste some time :)

17. Jezcentral

Jezcentral Minimodder

I'm happy to see Hitman so high, and even gladder to see that the episodic approach turned out okay, as it was the potentially dubious part of the package.

Tags: Add Tags