1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks The Common Battle

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DSquareD, 6 Sep 2009.

1. DSquareD

DSquareD What's a Dremel?

Hey all,

Been a while since I've posted. Jees need to get back on this place.

I have NO doubt that this question has been asked here before, but, having said that, I cannot find anything yet.

I need a netbook to serve as a work computer for University. The specs of netbooks is fine for what I need it for, so it's not so much a debate of if I should get one, but rather which one I should get.

It's down to the Samsung NC10, the MSi U100 Wind, and the Lenovo S10. I know that the reviews on bit-tech here gave the NC10 the best rating so I am inclined towards it, albeit a bit more expensive. Which would you recommend (based on looks, form, function, reliability, battery and overall "wow factor")

Thanks.

2. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

I dont think you will be dissapointed with any of them, if you can afford the Samsung go for that.

3. Gryphon

Gryphon What's a Dremel?

I'm looking at getting a netbook for uni too. I'm tempted by the Asus 1005HA. It's main appeal is the 8-9hour battery life, although it looks amazing too (its the newer 'seashell' model). Also it's cheaper than the Samsung...
    It's had some very positive reviews if you look around...

4. damienVC

damienVC What's a Dremel?

NC10 without a doubt. I've had one for about 6 months and it's an absolutely cracking piece of kit. If you look at most of the review sites it comes out head and shoulders above the rest (PC Pro A-list etc etc). I use it for my uni work, it runs Word with Endnote in the background, the battery lasts for ever and it doubles for films as well (with some decent headphones though). It might be a bit extra but is well worth it. Very highly recommended.

5. Fredrics

Fredrics Hmm...

In my opinion the best thing to do is to go down to your local pc mega store and try them all out. I find that some of the manufacturers decide to place the track pad and click buttons in the most awkward places. Furthermore models such as the Samsung N310 have a really sharp edge around the keyboard housing which makes it uncomfortable.

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

the most important factor in netbooks is the keyboard. so as above said, go to the local store to check it out.

7. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

8. damienVC

damienVC What's a Dremel?

The NC10 has got the closest to a regular size keyboard of the current crop of netbooks AFAIK. Did I mention I like them?

9. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

S10 is brilliant and has a great keyboard. The S12 is about also which is a little bigger and has a full size keyboard.