1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Press Releases Thermaltake 2020 Case Mod Challenge

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 4 Aug 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

That Andy Makin fella sure is talented...... :worried:

kim, adidan and enbydee like this.
  3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

True, bit accident prone though :)

The_Crapman likes this.
  4. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Looking at this on my phone, none of the links are links, none of the videos show up and the entry form isn't present (assuming there should be one like previous Gleam competitions).

Regardless, Gleam is a faff and puts me straight off. I can't help but think that if these competitions were done the old way, there would be more uptake/voting.

5. The_Crapman

The page isn't great, you're not the only one here or elsewhere to comment on not being able to play the videos or "where the hell do i vote? have i voted pressing the 'vote now' button?" etc. I think the problem stems from how the page is built as a single page with all contestants sections and videos being "active" and loading at the same time, rather than having a separate page for each contestant. If you give it a sec they should load and be playable (at least were on my pixel4). Then the gleam page they used is the same one as the original competition entry from feb/march, so you have to scroll down loads before you even get to the gleam login and then the voting option is the 10th choice down.
    [​IMG]

What do you mean by "the old way"? This wasn't the original plan i think, but the ol' covid threw a spanner in the works so this was what they could come up with in the time they had.

Last edited: 6 Aug 2020
  6. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

No, the comps went over to the Gleam-style entries pre-Covid (I believe). By "old way" I meant pick radio button, enter email address. This has gone all social and makes me not bother - I posted on a different comp forum about the turn-off of having to link a Gleam account to my Steam account or similar. I'll see if I can find the chat from that one as an example.

EDIT: Was on this thread: https://forums.bit-tech.net/index.p...ion-win-superb-fractal-design-goodies.374818/

Seems the Steam issue might be particular to certain accounts (of which I appear to own one), but there is dissent amongst the ranks re: the new Gleam methodology. Oh well - as one post mentions, the less of me that enter, the more chance the rest of you have of winning!

Last edited: 7 Aug 2020
  7. The_Crapman

I get where you're coming from, but I'd rather there just be one company holding my data to have it hacked than 20 :hehe: GDPR pushed a lot of people into using gleam, can't just have 10's of thousands of emails with personal information on lying around. You don't even have to really do anything or link any social media accounts to get most of the entries, just clicking on the button will register it as done, regardless if you've like/commented/shared etc. I think a few of the twitter ones will snag you though.

I obviously can't make you do it if you don't want to, that's fine, but some of us we've all put a lot of effort into these mods and if you could spare a few minutes to have a look through them and then just do the vote then that'd be much appreciated. Scan have a roundup of them all if you don't want to sit through all 5 videos too:

8. DanH

DanH What's a Dremel?

That guy has a funny tash lol

Tags: Add Tags