1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Things that make you go...ARRGGHH!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Pete J, 10 Feb 2012.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

And I thought I had a wandering mind! :hehe:

2. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Every time i come on this board and see my reputation.

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Despite all the bother that it's caused me today, it's all working. Have to admit, going "round the world for a short cut down IT memory lane" and coming out the other side with everything working feels pretty good. Even though it could all have been avoided!

[​IMG]

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

If the cat you are hugging is Schrödinger's, you are in trouble.

5. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

No, the cat is called Hobbes; although we did have a full on debate (argument) in the office today about Schrödinger's cat, super positions and paradoxes caused by time travelling.

6. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Wow, just wow. I'm quite astounded at why you just don't get it.

That makes me go arrgghh!!!

7. Houndofhell

Houndofhell One Particle to Rule Them All

Something that makes me go ARRGGHH today:

Fixing a bug in one class has apparantly broken something in an entirely different class.

I found this out about half an hour after leaving the office when a sysadmin wondered why a machine wasn't importing properly. *sigh*

8. ZxH800

ZxH800 What's a Dremel?

Kids with Bieber hair cuts.

Interestingly, a friend of mine has a really funny voice. It's really deep and when he gets excited it sounds like he's just going "ARARGHRGGHRGRAGHR".

9. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Something that SERIOUSLY makes me go ARRGGHH and also unsurprisingly is making me want to take a baseball bat to the B%$£"$DS knees.

Me and a friend have set up our own company (incorporation etc all dealt with) we just need to find a decent unit that we can store and redistribute stock from. We find the perfect unit. We research the unit and find that just a week earlier the previous tenant had to give the unit up owing 8 months rent. We go and see the landlord's agent and he says that the least his client will rent the property out for is 6 months security deposit and 3 months rent in advance now at £625.00 that equals £5625.00 now thats a fair chunk of change for a new company just starting out. A week later we find out that he has rented out the property to the previous tenents new business partner for a £415.00 security deposit and one months rent. He is also only charging them £415.00 a month rent.

I'm fuming. If he had given us those terms we could have had the lease signed there and then.

Last edited: 23 Feb 2012
  10. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

I remedy this by sending messages that are also known as a date cast, goes to all males within a 50 mile radius of me, telling them that i'm frigid with vaginal dryness so nothing will be going no where, or that they need a vasectomy and i have ice, or so along those lines :thumb:

11. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

That landlord is an idiot. He allows himself to be conned again by a tenant who is already conning him. Best to not rent from idiots. Too volatile.

12. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

Has it not occurred to you that it was probably the agent who was playing games? That's far more likely to be the case. He probably knows the previous tenant and/or new business partner. (Yes I do have experience of this)

FYI though your lack of trading record won't have helped you to negotiate much in this situation - you're presumably an unknown quantity with unproven payment record and no historical accounts - whether with this landlord or another.

13. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

We all know the rules, we all break them when we choose to, even in the heat of the moment we have chosen to. Canon does get it. What Canon doesn't get is why you feel the need to make an example of people - knowing that we know what is acceptable and what is not and simply ignore that at times - what he considers is a degree of public humiliation.

14. Ryu_ookami

I agree it was the agent playing games to be honest I don't think our lack of trading record had anything to do with it. The unit in question is the only one on a quiet residental street the landlord (well landlady) recieved the unit when her husband died and hasn't done anything with it since. Both myself, my business partner and a few other people who know the agent are of the opinion that he is trying to drive the value of the property down (its 2897 sq ft) so that he can buy it level the unit and build flats on it (its near the local hospital and 3 minutes walk from a train station thats on a direct route to london)

Last edited: 25 Feb 2012
  15. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

So do a good thing and tell her what you were asked for by the agent, what you offered and what the agent had done settled on so he can't rip her off. Be the good American Samaritan and who knows karma may come through for you :)

Edit: fecking Samsung predictive text!

Last edited: 25 Feb 2012
    Teelzebub and JBond like this.
  16. Canon

Canon Reformed

Allow me to introduce my translator, I think you will find her much more palatable. :hehe:

17. Ryu_ookami

There are a few things wrong with that statement, firstly karma may or may not exist as the idea that the concept of "action" or "deed" as it is understood may cause an entire cycle of cause and effect which may or may not have any bearing on an entirely thoreticial future life and as such it is a little far fetched to say the least and secondly something which I believe to be of far more importance is I'M BRITISH so being a good American would be an impossibility.

18. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

Not necessarily ;)

I have now edited my post to compensate for Samsung's fecking predictive text. SAMARITAN !! Not American :hehe: Now be nice! :p :lol:

19. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

- Tuning guitars
    - People writing in my books
    - People who only take notice of you when you're with someone

20. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Dust buildup, the kind you have to give a bit of pressure to shift - On the reset button to my PC. I was not amused.