1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ubisoft launches UPlay for digital distribution

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Aug 2012.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Anno for 75% off?

Yes im interested. Very interested.

3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Let's hope they won't be UOffline too much.

Sloth likes this.
  4. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Promo price on Settlers 7 download is £7 more expensive than having a physical copy delivered to my door...

edit: ney, £10 more!
    edit2: bought it on amazon for £6.79 :) Maybe I can put my code into UPlay so I can ditch the DVD and then download it.

5. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Ubi can go swivel.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

How many of these clients have I got to have installed now?

7. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

This ^^^ it's nuts, I count 4 on my machine, and I only have 6 games installed!

8. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

after all the drm scandals from ubi like the graphicscard change counting they have the same status for me as Ea, banned from my pc.

9. Redd13

Redd13 What's a Dremel?

This isnt competition its monopolising games sales. I like steam but its taken ten years for me to come around... i have bf3 on origin but i hate it... and too be honest... its going to stop me bothering the buy games that require these new clients...
    oh and for the record i have the latest splinter cell and like it.. but i wont be buying the next one if it still needs that Uplay crap.

10. SighMoan

SighMoan What's a Dremel?

I was anti Origin but i really wanted to play BF3 so succumbed in the end. That said, i bought BF3 off Amazon as it was loads cheaper than on Origin. The only Ubi games i play really are Assasins Creed, and after the total shambles that was Revelations, i think i can easily give AC3 a miss thanks.

11. srgtherasta

srgtherasta Minimodder

No it's not tho, it's showing up to me as 26 quid so more like 25% off. sneaky gits

12. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

I was very disappointed during the steam sale to find out that one of my purchases needed uplay and another one needed yuplay. In my view anything paid for on steam should have all other DRM stripped out and vice versa. I stopped buying games on my PC for 3-4 years because of all the dodgy DRM , the Steam Sale and a replacement GPU are the only reason I came back, now I'm thinking about leaving it again. I mean I can pick up a pirated copy of any game I want for free and not get this hassle so what is the point ?

I'm a man of principal though so I don't use pirated games, last time I stopped buying PC Games I defected to xbox instead.

13. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Same, I would have got it for 75% off :/

14. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

Well, tempted yes. But its ubi so they could give all there games away for free and I would still not install there POS

15. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I'm very firmly is this camp. But even if I wasn't

I can not be arsed installing any more of these, I've avoided BF3 and uninstalled Gratuitous Space Battles because I bought it through Impulse and got sick of GameStop spam delivered straight to my desktop. I'll stick with steam until they get their respective houses in order.

16. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Absolutely. They could pay ME £1 and I wouldn't install one of their games on my PC.

F**k 'em.

17. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

yes, the uplay client is not really up to par. A small but annoying thing: they don't display prices on the front page. I hate it that I have to click on a game before I can see the price. And some buttons (for example the 'edit avatar') just take you to their website instead of doing anything sensible...

Maybe they'll improve, who knows?

18. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

As above, getting tired with how many clients we're getting now.
    We need some third party company to step in and create a tool and synchronises them all and allows you to shop on all of their systems in one easy to access location.

As for the UPlay server and it's legendary downtime troubles, it doesn't tend to be too bad most of the time... just when they release a major title, so don't expect to be able to play much when Assassin's Creed 3 comes out. :\

It was a deal for Thursday only so you must have missed it.
    It was definitely 75% off at the time.

19. GeordieGoose

GeordieGoose What's a Dremel?

I picked up HAWX 2 if £1 . That will be the only thing that gets bought off that pile.

I don't think any company will ever be able to topple steam. There such a big community behind it.

Origin stayed installed for about 2 weeks until the honey moon period of BF3 wore off.

20. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I have uplay for both anno 2070 and heroes 6, had lots of connection issues early on, but recently has been fine for me, wonder if I can by the expansion for anno from uplay even though i bought the game retail

Sent from my 7 Trophy using Board Express

Tags: Add Tags