1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uploading issues?

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by desertbaker, 1 Jan 2021.

1. desertbaker

desertbaker Steady Eddie

Is it just me? I have a queue of completed WU's that can't be sent. "received short response, expected 512 bytes, got 0". 140.163.4.200 and 210.

While here, just wish everyone all the best for the New Year, Let's hope the vaccine gets rolled out quickly and effectively.

3 stored WU's uploaded during the night but one remains despite reboots etc.

Last edited: 2 Jan 2021
  2. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

@desertbaker - I've not had any upload issues in the last day or so.
    On the official forum it looks like at least one other person is having issues with this server at present (it's a relatively new server that they had issues with a few months ago). It will be after the weekend now, I expect, before it gets a reboot.

3. desertbaker

desertbaker Steady Eddie

@DocJonz - Had 4 awaiting upload this morning on my newest PC. A reboot cleared 3 but one remains. I wonder if Dave Goodchild is having similar issues which explain his production slowdown? Should I post on the official forum as well?

4. DocJonz

If the server is still causing you issues, by all means add a post - you'll want to add it to this post on the Forum

5. desertbaker

desertbaker Steady Eddie

Why is life never simple?!

Tried login on folding@home Support Forum and received "Your account has been manually deactivated and is only able to be reactivated by an administrator".

Update pm 4 Jan '21: On the WU status page at folding@home I've entered the WU details and discovered they are being credited as soon as they complete. It just looks like the ACK message isn't being received

Last edited: 4 Jan 2021
  6. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

My PPD seems to be all over the place on the stats last week or so.
    Rig as been running non stop no issues.

7. DocJonz

My PPD seems to be similarly 'bouncy' - probably just due to the mix of WUs in circulation.

8. desertbaker

desertbaker Steady Eddie

Since Friday 18th July my daily points have fallen from 8.5m to 5m despite all gpu's running smoothly. Still unable to login or create a new login on the official site, I have seen a 'hot' thread with many commenting including DocJonz highlighting a similar issue but receiving 'short' replies. Is all well or is there a deeper issue? Just wondering if I could turn all off, reduce the noise, reduce the electricity bill and close the door which is acting as a/c. Be interested if it just a few or all and what the beta testers have to say please.

9. DocJonz

@desertbaker. I think they are obviously having some issues, but my experience is that work/points are never lost, but there may be a delay before they get things sorted out and points get re-credited to folk.

10. DocJonz

Looks like the glitch has been fixed, so I expect the process of re-crediting will begin in due course.

11. desertbaker

desertbaker Steady Eddie

@DocJonz. Yes back to 8.5m for yesterday, good news. Looks like I'll have to keep that door open!

12. desertbaker

desertbaker Steady Eddie

Seems we are running out of WU's now. Both pc's are idle at 11pm bst. Have we folded all the proteins and completed moonshot or are the scientists overwhelmed?

13. DocJonz

Yep. It seems they are having a combination of server issues and a shortage of work units.
    (Only 2 of my 9 GPUs have actually got something to work on at the moment).