1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News UT3 already works on Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Nov 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

OMG!.......this a 5 minute job for any programmer, and the mods are just a formailty.

i now wondering just how much sony paid to get a console exclusive for a good few months

3. Faunus

Faunus What's a Dremel?

If you think this is a 5 minutes job for any programmer (developer, level designer, code sanitizer, playtester, graphical artist ... the list goes on) - then you are sorely mistaken.

And the reason why this is being released on the PS3 before the Xbox 360, is because because work on the PS3 version was started before the 360 version. There is hardly any point in having 3 incomplete versions of one game when you can release 2 versions, get some cash coming in, and work on the third at a later date.

I don't believe that Epic games would be silly enough to release anything as a PS3 console exclusive - it's just not financially viable (or good for marketing, come to think of it).

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

haha, pwned.

they are right in releasing PC version first. because that is what UT is about: pure ownage on PC.

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

It's working now because they probably did it at the same time as GoW.

Personally, I'm getting dissapointed by UE3 games. They should have forced a seal of quality on.

7. Henk

Henk Uninformed Opinionist

Requesting shop of the Epic logo with this image:
    [​IMG]

:D

8. phat-ant

phat-ant What's a Dremel?

PC all the way for me.
    Any one know if the physx cards are coming out with pci-e?
    ive run out of normal pci slots :(

9. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Yes, but I thought that the whole point of XNA was that Xbox games could be developed alongside PC games. Surely it would have made more sense to release PC & Xbox close together, and spend more time on the PS3 version because the architecture is so different. But just because it sounds logical, doesn't necessarily mean that it is...

TBH, I've never really paid much attention to the UT games - I'm not much of an online player (mainly because I get pwned so quickly), and the engine's already been used in so many other games that even the technology isn't exciting any more.

10. cjoyce1980

they already are

11. cjoyce1980

sony have a poor catalogue compared with the 360 so why would they not pay for it...... they gave rockstar a shed load of cash to stop the 360 version of GTA 4 coming out before the PS3 and the 360 version is complete, it just the silly PS3 version that is holding it back till easter

12. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

Quick and crude:
    [​IMG]

13. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

according to you maybe....for only being a year since it's debut, I think it's got a very good catalogue of games.....that's not considering PS2 games that you can also run on it....o & btw nobody should buy Logitech's Cordless Precision PS3 controller because they are now denying that it can do rumble even though on the box itself and on it's website (until Sunday morning) it said it did. Just a head's up.....

14. phat-ant

phat-ant What's a Dremel?

got any links havent been able to find one :|

15. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

They were meant to be out this year (announced about 12 months ago) but I think the poor uptake is affecting it

Tags: Add Tags