1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Valve Announces new Left4Dead Campaign

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 5 Aug 2009.

1. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

2. MajorTom

MajorTom Minimodder

I really want this new content, but L4D2 will be released 2 months later :/ Here's hoping they integrate the two titles as previously mentioned.

3. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

I never was too sour about L4D2, as long as it didn't mean L4D would not be dropped. This way i get even more content, i like it :D
    New campaign hooraay!
    I could see how XboX users will be miffed about the premium though.

4. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

You mean Microsoft Points. Gamer points are not the currency of XBL MP, they're something totally different.

5. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

Apparently this is the minimum charge that is forced upon Valve by M$, who takes a cut of all sales. The implication being that Valve would have given it away free otherwise...

6. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Sounds good to me!

7. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Glad to see them finally make L4D something resembling a full game. With all the little tweaks and changes that get introduced with every update, we finally have something that works well and has a decent amount of content. All I would ask for are more guns!

8. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Oh joy, 2 maps! Meh.

I'd rather they push an update to fix the lobby system, their pathetic 2 map campaign will get overshadowed by the flood of high quality custom campaigns soon.

At least it's something I guess.. either way, nearly a year and this is the first "real" content they push out.. :lol:

9. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

meh - I like DLC of course, and love the game, but a 2 map campaign? Doesn't really matter if it takes you 45 mins to find a game that people don't ragequit after playing survivor side on first map , so i can't see how a campaign that is only 2 maps is a solution.
    All I really want for L4D/L4D2 is a damn matchmaking system. Get me the ability to look for lobbies that are 4 friends/clans and I'll be happy. Other than that, everything else right now for L4D is just. .. meh. I think they're saving all the cool stuff for L4D2 anyways.

edit - Damn darklord, are you telepathic or something, I was just typing slow and posted my comment right after yours and we basically said the same thing. . . scary

Last edited: 5 Aug 2009
  10. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I call shenanigans. Two ~700MB map packs (Red and Black) were made available for Rainbow Six completely free of charge - and represent a lot more content than a single new campaign.

So, why did Rainbow Six get free content and Left 4 Dead needs payment? There's something Valve isn't telling us.

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

/snigger

12. DarkLord7854

They did the same for TF2 though, the Heavy update or w/e it was

13. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

I want this and i will buy l4d2. Period.

14. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

as long as the single player is good I will be happy

15. awaham

awaham What's a Dremel?

Left for dead is a very good game, and personally i dont think Valve are dont anything wrong by releasing L4D 2 as a separate game and i'll buy it most definitely.

16. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

People whining about Valve should go play Star Trek Legacy, released by the now out of business MadDoc software. THAT was a company (and a distributor, Bethesda) who didnt care about their customers.

Valve has consistently shown a great deal of care and creativity with their customers and their games.

+2 to valve, thanks for your ongoing support of a great game!

Yours in Valve Plasma,
    Star*Dagger

17. Matticus

Matticus ...

Yup, and battlefield bad company had a new game type and map that you could download for free. Valve obviously are charging xbox users for no real reason*. I never had a bad word to say about valve, I was not bothered about them releasing l4d2 so soon, but I am annoyed about this. Yet clearly this will get swept under the carpet, and people will keep moaning about l4d2 being released so soon. *sigh*

*Other than to make money, I guess to recoup the cost of developing for consoles. But then it was their decision to make it for the xbox so they should support it the same as well.

18. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

Still think it's a rushed DLC, just to make the L4D2 haters rest, because they have a new DLC coming...

"Hey look, lets make a small versus mode that ends in 30min +/-, I'll make the levels thru the weekend and we call it a DLC to please L4D1 fans, that way they stop bitching"

I have a L4D copy, and I feel the same way as other L4D1 users feel, I'm buying L4D2, but this DLC... it just looks that... "here, here's your DLC you were all bitchin about"...

19. Matticus

Matticus ...

Seriously? What the hell do you expect? You bought a game, played the game and you want more free. They give you the DLC you were all moaning about, and you moan. Grow up.

20. DarkLord7854

We expected that they give what they promised. Obviously that was too much to hope for that they would keep their word. Read the L4D2 boycott manifesto, etc, and you'll understand.

Tags: Add Tags