1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vista and Overclocking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cannon, 12 Mar 2007.

1. cannon

cannon What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

Had my system overclocked as per my sig. But I couldnt install vista, so I turned it off and it worked.

I have tested it to see how far or if I can push it again and was wondering if anyone had had any success with it? Is it pushing the memory that it doesnt like or what?

Cheers

Paul

2. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

I ran into some weird scenarios when first building my rig (see sig)

and had OC'd the RAM, GFX, and CPU to their current levels, but when I try to install vista ultimate 64.......... nothing.

I turned off the OC settings (after noting them) and tried to install again, and went without a hitch.

Once it was installed I restored the OC settings and haven't had an issue since.

I still would like to know what caused that :confused:

3. cannon

cannon What's a Dremel?

hmm - i might crank mine back up and see how we go :) keep you posted

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Vista is a lot less forgiving then XP, because it uses more of the RAM at any point in time it will invariably find those modules which cannot withstand the FSB you placed upon them so it will die.

5. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

true, but this also means you get a better measure of whether the RAM can actually handle the speeds. So it seems like a good thing to me.