1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

For the first time in our relationship, car insurance is cheaper for me than my wife... not just by a little bit either, but a solid £150-200 cheaper! And that's with me having held my license for 1 year less, and only having 2 years NCD vs her 5.

For perspective, the cheapest quote for a Civic Type R and 12000 miles a year was £30 CHEAPER than her cheapest quote for the 2018 Corsa she has and 7000 miles a year.

2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

In a relationship with an incredible woman. Everything is so much easier with her than it's been with anyone else in my life so far. She's got 2 kids, whom I have met and they're awesome and want to try out painting miniatures with me and the lady.
    Work is busy as hell, but all for the better.
    Just back from 4 days in Finland to see my brother, some relatives and go to the Rammstein concert there last friday with 2 friends from Manchester.

Here's a wee clip from the show:

Nexxo, adidan, Vault-Tec and 4 others like this.
  3. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Just saw them in Latvia! Friggin awesome

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Surprised your ears still work, they were on again last night and i could hear them quite well and i was across a different frickin lake :lol:

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Sad as it sounds, really enjoying my car, not long had all the suspension changed out for lower and better kit. Stereo is great, its cheap to run clean inside and out now.

Also getting rather geekishly excited at finishing the PC build, and sorting out the garage. done some mental moving around which I need to physcially do there, but it should give a load of space and mean I can wall mount some bikes.

6. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

[​IMG]

The_Crapman and [ZiiP] NaloaC like this.
  7. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

A8-7600 I got from CEX not only works perfectly, but is actually a 7650K! Lets see what extra performance we can nab with some multiplier tinkering!

8. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Result...

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Picked up an old Pantone Huey colorimeter for £9 delivered, and it's calibrated my monitor a treat (at least, that's what DisplayCAL tells me.)

Bargain!

Screenshot from 2019-08-14 13-32-41.png

Last edited: 14 Aug 2019
    IanW and Vault-Tec like this.
  10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Next month will be my final student loan repayment.

11. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Niiiice. I paid my loan off a couple of weeks ago, so next payday will be the first without any SL deduction, which will be nice. :happy:

12. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Accidentally put the CPU out its socket with the heatsink (oops). Didn't kill it. also new cooler is not only more quiet but lower temps too. Win win! Just need to tidy up the cables an snip out one of the Sata leads.

13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Turns out this was entirely untrue, 'cos the filters on colorimeters degrade over time and the Huey wasn't getting anywhere near the green it should. I now have a £109 Colormunki Display, and a *properly* calibrated display hitting 96.49 percent of sRGB. Happy with that!

14. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Food poisoning over. Holiday paid off tickets paid for and in front of me.

Good feeling. Looking forward to seeing Tre and some utter peace and quiet.

15. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Found out what happened to my £500 savings, thankfully nothing nefarious. Going into the bank after work to have it sorted out, effectively when my last deposit was paid in £500 cash last April the cashier didn't follow the correct HMRC policy (apparently) and therefore it had to be returned to me to be repaid back into the account. The cheque was sent to my address 2 weeks after I'd moved out and I'd changed the address on the account a few weeks after that unaware this had happened.

The cheque was fortunately not cashed so I have to declare it lost where they will issue me a new one and I'll get my balance back to where it needs to be. From there I can draw it out, put it against my debt and start rebuilding my credit.

phew!

Arboreal, adidan, IanW and 6 others like this.
  16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

We've both got next Friday off, so we're going to bugger off to Jodrell Bank. Looking forward to it now.

IanW, Nexxo and Arboreal like this.
  17. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I am now officially on holiday.

Of course that means two days of anxiety and paranoia until I am actually, physically ON the plane and flying. They've never turned me back at check in before, but this time they might.

IanW and adidan like this.
  18. adidan

I'm similar TBH.

Never been a nervous flyer but my gut is a nervous 'getting to the airport' gut.

Never understood it. I get very little sleep if it's an early flight and spend much of the the time getting ready in the morning in the bathroom evacuating the dancefloor.

At the airport - fine. On the plane - more than fine.

19. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm not quite that bad, but I have an overriding need to be at the Airport far earlier than strictly necessary to counter time lost on problems that I hadn't foreseen. Also the invariable additional security checking.

My bags always get searched, I always get extra pat downs, and on the way in I can never use the automated passport checker thing. Last time the border police person said it was because my last name and year of birth appears on their 'want to speak to' list more than ten times. Yay common surnames I guess.

So yeah, when it's me alone it's usually a couple of hours in the airport dossing about after security, and of course the mild concern that having made it this far that I'll still be refused at boarding.

IanW and adidan like this.
  20. adidan

That's it.

Thinking about it I never have an issuew flying on my own. I like to be places early, i can always occupy my time. My brain always factors in improbable but not impossible hurdles to the trip.

Most of my travel is with the good lady though and she believes that 16 minutes is plenty of time when you need to be somewhere in 15 minutes.

Being told i was right about allowing more time is never a consolation when you're late.

So yeah, it's all her fault. :lol:

IanW and liratheal like this.