1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. -=ice=-

-=ice=- What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

236 mile round trip, managed to get through about 10 gallons of petrol :thumb:

Fun day out.

Last edited: 29 Apr 2010
  2. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

It still has serious electrical problems and even the main VW dealer cant seem to find out what the issue is, i thought it was all sorted (bad earth) but its issues have come back. Its had a new battery and alternator,and doesn't show any error codes on any diagnostic machine

The radio randomly turns on/off, the dash lights flicker while your driving to the point you'd think the cars stalled. Overall not impressed its only done 80k and when it works its brilliant but more often than not it drives me mad.

Im unsure what going to replace it but ive been looking at a few accord type-S estates.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I've never heard one of those V5's but the noise is bound to be pretty unique - 50% straight 6, 25% V6 and 25% 5 cylinder. Lovely. :D

4. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Yeah unique, has a lovely 'burble' idling and sounds a little like an old M3 very 'raspy' Its a very lazy engine though, But has bags of torque, its a running joke among my friends that i drive everywhere in 5th, most of the time i do, because unlike their torque-less 4 pots i can :D

Last edited: 7 Apr 2010
  5. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

V5s are one of my favourite sounds. The power delivery is lovely too.
    They are known for some electrical issues, but yours sounds pretty unique. Have you tried Awesome GTI? I don't think they're very far from you and have a great rep. Also there are plenty of knowledgeable people (and a lot of sheep) on ukmkivs.net

As to my across-the-pond friends, the roads here are generally crap. The motorway system doesn't use pavement however, so that's a little quieter. There's rarely anything to look at on the main routes and there are speed cameras everywhere, not "planes tracking your speed from the air" ;)

That said, I'm very fortunate to live in one of the most beautiful parts of the country and there are some stunning roads around here. I'll try to get some photos next time I'm out for a real drive. The B3306 is our version of the 101 and I think Cornwall bares a far comparison with parts of California in a lot of ways in terms of attitude, surfing culture, relaxation and world-class coast.

Although I have to say the PCH, I-70 east to Denver, Hwy 163 and Pikes Peak highway is some of the most breathtaking driving I've ever done. There's also that moment when the 15 emerges from the desert and you start to see LA sprawled out before you. Stinking hole of a town in a lot of ways, and yet something beautiful about it.

People down here complain about traffic in the summer from tourists and how all their favourite routes are crowded, but they haven't driven the 405 past LAX at 5 on a Friday ;)

6. Chombo

Chombo What's a Dremel?

I see what you did there!

7. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

Loving this, but are those tyres not ermm breaking the law, even with the arch extentions, it looks like they are sticking out further than the arches... they would do you for that round here...

I drive a 2005 - X type diesel sport myself ill post some shots soon, but hopefully I will have money to upgrade to a XF jaguar once they are a few years old..

XF is a strange car, the 3.0 ltr V6 diesel is faster than the petrol 3.0 V6

Petrol V6
    0-60 7.9
    top speed 148

Diesel S V6
    0-60 5.9
    top speed Electronic limited to 155

8. Cleggmeister

Cleggmeister Of reasonable knowledge...

Yeah, I think I may have some problems come MOT time. Prior to the extended arches I was pulled and given 3 points. The answer is a complete set of replacement arches, which will get done this summer...

9. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

They look perfectly legal to me in those shots :S

My wheels stick out on my car, but i dont think i can get any skinnier wheels!

10. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

A Tip for you would be, according to the law is the body of the car must stick out further than the tyre. (so if you thinky you could handle it, you could just make a spacer for your extentions to bring it out a CM or so more)

Even getting some longer bolts and some spacers (obviously sprayed in black to match), it does not matter if there is a gap between the extentions and arch as long as the tyres dont protrude the body.. so get a black nut and bolt kit, then by some same size 2 cm or 1 inch cylinder spacers at put them inbetween extention and body... problem solved.

If you like it thank me for saving you a few quid, if you dont at it looks stupid blame me for not saving you a few quid. :D

11. rchiileea

rchiileea Minimodder

oh, I had this with my VW golf GT (turbo diesel)

every now and then it had a electrical fit, and the cause ended up being one of the bulbs.... after extensive testing we, well my mate found one of my brake light bulbs had a malfunction and kept sending a short now and then (feedback he discribed it as) down the electrical system, he replaced the whole light cluster for me and it stopped.

12. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Finally got a new car after writing the old one off at Christmas and driving a courtesy car for a few months. My insurance company have been pricks and gone into administration, and also lost my tax book, so that's what the hold up was :rolleyes: I picked it up at the start of April. It's a 2010 Clio iMusic with the 1500 DCi engine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm fairly happy with it. It drives exactly the same as the Dynamique S it replaced, so it seems they haven't changed much as far as the engine, gearbox, steering or suspesion is concerned. It's as close a model as is available these days to the old car, but in my brutally honest opinion, the body styling isn't as nice. It lacks the "fat ass" flared rear arches that the Dynamique had, and something tells me the rims are a little smaller. They tinted the rear side windows on the iMusic but not the rear window as was the case on the Dynamique which makes a big difference to the appearance of the rear and also the amount of light that gets into the car. Finally, both the head and tail lights got redesigned, and I think I preferred the old, larger ones. I'm not complaining about any of this, it's a great car and I'm more than happy with it. These are merely comparisons between it and the older model. What I will say is that it's a lot more economical than the Dynamique was. How they've managed that with exactly the same engine, drivetrain, chassis and the same output I don't know, but it's doing a hair over 60 UK mpg at the moment whereas the Dynamique S would always hover between 50 and 55. It's still got the same 5 star NCAP rating that the old car has. This was important for me because - as many of you will know - the safety measures on the car I crashed saved my life. It's very reassuring to know that you are driving a car that's safe.

Overall, I'm very happy with it, although it still needs a few personal touches. It came with a good bluetooth kit built in, but I want to get my bluetouch kit and a new head unit back in there ASAP, as well as the Clarion speakers, sub and tweeters out of the old car :)

There are more pics of it in this post.

13. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

iMusic? LOL

Sometimes I just wanna kill Steve Jobs.

automagsrock likes this.
  14. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

right now i drive a relatively shitty 1991 Subaru Legacy station wagon. One of the few things I can say that are good about it is that it handles extremely well in the snow. The radio/speakers are totally ****ed though. I think its just some wiring, but I'm too lazy to try to fix it.

I do plan to fix up a Third Generation Ford Mustang convertible(I'm not sure on the year, I am pretty sure it is between 83 and 85). This is going to be a big project though... I will post some before and after pics eventually... those after pics may take a while though.

15. CatMangler

CatMangler Waiting for Heroe's of Stalingrad..

Had this since the end of April - Audi A3 2.0ltr Sport

Me likes :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: 28 May 2010
  16. _crazy_crazy_

_crazy_crazy_ mi mum say's that i'm special

well new baby in the house ...
    [​IMG]

17. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Here's my latest car, had it 3 yrs now, so due for a trade in.
    Looking to get a Jaguar XF 3.0 Diesel Sports or BMW 535 M Sport Diesel

Jaguar X-type 2.2 Diesel Sports Premium. Tuned (Re-map/EGR valve blocked/Decat/ Uprated Drilled and groove Disc/Ebc Red Stuff pads all round.) by Celtic Tuning 200bhp.

[​IMG]

Simon.

18. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Which intercooler did you go for for 200bhp?

19. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Still standard on the FMIC. Don't need to change that unless you uprate the turbo and are wanting to push more than 250 bhp. + Putting a bigger FMIC on would mean longer spoil up times which = turbo lag.
    I don't fancy uprating the turbo as it would mean a custom made Manifold, a new remap to disable the electronic actuator etc....£££

So 200bhp and still get 50+mpg

20. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Don't be hatin'

Renault aren't the first people to adopt the "i" in naming their product ranges. Sure, "Dynamique S" sounds much better, but I don't care what it's called, I just care that it runs well.

Last edited: 28 May 2010